eu quiz

these question have no red herring in them

1 when must you take a break start time 6am after 4 hours driving 2 hours POA 1 hours other work 1.5 hours driving

2 would you need a break if you drove 4.5 hours

3 when does a daily rest end(edit)

4 what does you truck require to have for you to take a rest in it

5 name all types of rest

6 is there a requirement for you to take both a driving break at 4.5 hour and a WTD break at 6 hours with only 7.5 hours work for the day

7 working in the warehouse on Mon Tues and Wed then driving a van on Thurs then driving a car on Friday on Sat morning you take a truck to the garage, what would you have to do with regards records

8 you have been told buy you boss that at your next drop you will not be needed for 4 hours what are you options open to you (its mid day and you have loads of every thing available it would get you back to the yard at 7 pm and you could still get an 11 in)

9 your boss tells you that you will run out off time buy 1.30 hours on the way back to the yard, your on a 13 hour shift as you have done all your reductions(edit:typo)your start time was 6 am to day and the boss needs the truck back to the yard what’s the latest time the other driver needs to meet you for you to be back at the yard in time

10 your driving a 26 ton draw bar outfit and your boss asks you to pick up a artic and trailer from the other depot could this cause you any problems if any as you an agency driver

delboytwo:
1 when must you take a break start time 6am after 4 hours driving 2 hours POA 1 hours other work 1.5 hours driving

At or before 1400 - at least 15 mins for RT(WTD)R also at or before 1445 - at least 30 mins for the driving

delboytwo:

yes - unless a rest was started

delboytwo:
3 when does a daily rest end

start of new shift

delboytwo:

Suitable sleeping facilities

delboytwo:
5 name all types of rest

daily weekly

delboytwo:
6 is there a requirement for you to take both a driving break at 4.5 hour and a WTD break at 6 hours with only 7.5 hours work for the day

no - the 45 mins taken will cover everything

delboytwo:
7 working in the warehouse on Mon Tues and Wed then driving a van on Thurs then driving a car on Friday on Sat morning you take a truck to the garage, what would you have to do with regards records

An official record using seperate tacho cards or digi inputs must be made for the work done mon to fri so VOSA can see the weekly rest has been done

delboytwo:
8 you have been told buy you boss that at your next drop you will not be needed for 4 hours what are you options open to you (its mid day and you have loads of every thing available it would get you back to the yard at 7 pm and you could still get an 11 in)

POA or rest - the rest could be used for a split daily rest.

delboytwo:
9 your boss tells you that you will run out off time buy 1.30 hours on the way back to the yard, your on a 13 hour shift as you have done all your reductions(edit:typo)your start time was 6 am to day and the boss needs the truck back to the yard what’s the latest time the other driver needs to meet you for you to be back at the yard in time

Must be finished by 7pm but the latest time for the other driver to meet you would depend on how far it was back to the yard

delboytwo:
10 your driving a 26 ton draw bar outfit and your boss asks you to pick up a artic and trailer from the other depot could this cause you any problems if any as you an agency driver

No - unless you have a 102 restriction next to the CE an the licence

delboytwo:
these question have no red herring in them

13:30, when you accumulate 4.5 hours driving. Assuming the various activities occured in the order you have typed them.
Yes, 45 minutes, and it would need to be taken before you do anything else such as unload, unless starting a rest.
3 when does a daily end
A daily what? Rest? Drive? Newspaper?
Edited answer following question edit. whenever the hell you want it to end but no earlier than 9 hours from finishing work, or 11 hours if you have used all your reductions.
A bunk
5 name all types of rest
Regular daily rest, Reduced daily rest, split daily rest, interrupted daily rest (although technically it’s a regular daily rest), Regular weekly rest and reduced weekly rest.
No, if you take a break for driving that’ll do for the WTD as well. whether you have to take the WTD one first will depend if 4.5 hours driving or 6 hours work comes first but any break period will do toward both
Make manual records for the days you worked in the week, assuming the driving of the truck on the Saturday falls under EU rules.
Break, Rest, POA or Other Work depending what fits with what you intend to do in the time and whether the time meets the requirements of the various options. Personally it’s going on break or maybe rest.
9 your boss tells you that you will run out off time on the way back to the yard, your on a 13 hour shift as you have done all your reductions(edit:typo)your start time was 6 am to day and the boss needs the truck back to the yard what’s the latest time the other driver needs to meet you for you to be back at the yard in time
Can’t give an exact timed answer based on the info given but it will have to be early enough for the driver to get you back to the yard before you exceed 13 hours since staring that morning.
Edited answer after you edited question. 17:30 He runs out of driving time 1.5 hours from the yard so that should be no later than 17:30 or he can’t get back. The time spent being driven back will be other work and will be part of his 13 hour shift.
No idea. I’m guessing it will depend on what licence you hold and when you obtained it but have no idea beyond that

i have edited may questions to rectify some of the questions

ROG:

delboytwo:

At or before 1400 - at least 15 mins for RT(WTD)R also at or before 1445 - at least 30 mins for the driving

WRONG !!
My adding up needs work :blush: :blush:

delboytwo:

I have edited answers 3 and 9 to reflect your edits.

Rog you meed to read two of the question again mate

delboytwo:
Rog you meed to read two of the question again mate

Coffeeholic:

delboytwo:

I have edited answers 3 and 9 to reflect your edits.

done same as Neil :smiley:

still one of them missing a little bit :wink:

ROG:
Must be finished by 7pm but the latest time for the other driver to meet you would depend on how far it was back to the yard

It’s 1.5 hours back to the yard, it says so in the edited question. 19:00 - 1.5 hours = 17:30

I went to put BUNK for Q4 but went by what it said in the regs - I don’t think it makes any difference though as what else besides a bunk could be used :question: :question: - Hammock :wink: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

It’s 1.5 hours back to the yard, it says so in the edited question. 19:00 - 1.5 hours = 17:30

delboytwo wrote:

Ah - i read it as being running out of time by 130pm :blush: :blush:
being 1.5 hours short it would be 1730 hours :smiley:

well done but still one needs looking at

delboytwo:

By who? Him, me or both?

delboytwo:

Which one ?
Probably the different types of rest one but I’ll not change it as I’ve seen the answers by coffeeholic

ROG:

delboytwo:

Which one ?
Probably the different types of rest one but I’ll not change it as I’ve seen the answers by coffeeholic

yes mate that the one

name all types of rest