EU Driving Licence

No idea if this has been asked before, but now we are out of the EU, is the UK going to issue non EU driving licences, or are we going to be stuck with an eu flag on them for ever?

Realistically that would mean going back to HGV class 1/2/3.As for Bojo if the LibDem in all but name Party had any intention of Leaving we’d be out by now with the European Communities Act shredded.

weeto:
No idea if this has been asked before, but now we are out of the EU, is the UK going to issue non EU driving licences, or are we going to be stuck with an eu flag on them for ever?

Tippex :smiley:

To mods: I am no way affiliated to, connected to or an influencer on behalf of said trade name or are any members of my extended family, neighbours, friends or enemies in any way connected to Tippex (the non-tipping type) and I have nothing to gain except the possible gratitude of solving people’s problems.

Apologies to all but I have always wanted to use imo that total waste of time disclaimer. :grimacing:

I assume as you are advised to go and get an international driving permit they will be different

Look on the GOV/UK website under Driving a Lorry Abroad gives you all the details

cooper1203:
I assume as you are advised to go and get an international driving permit they will be different

That was only if we left the EU without a deal, as we’re in a transition period as far as I know its nothing has changed regards UK driving Licences in the EU, just have to wait and see what happen between now and December, to see what the future holds.

gov.uk/guidance/prepare-to- … le-drivers

As for the OP’s question,looking at examples of licences from Norway and Switzerland, they don’t have an EU flag, (which would make sense as they’re not in the EU) but their licences are very similar in design and looks like they have the same Categories as us.

Personally I couldn’t give a flying fig either way, as long as the bod checking it understands it and lets me carry on my way ASAP.

weeto:

I see that blue passports will be issued from next month. Are you going to surrender your red one so that you can become True Blue?

Personally I couldn’t give a flying fig either way, as long as the bod checking it understands it and lets me carry on my way ASAP.

My feelings exactly.

muckles:

cooper1203:

That was only if we left the EU without a deal, as we’re in a transition period as far as I know its nothing has changed regards UK driving Licences in the EU, just have to wait and see what happen between now and December, to see what the future holds.

gov.uk/guidance/prepare-to- … le-drivers

As for the OP’s question,looking at examples of licences from Norway and Switzerland, they don’t have an EU flag, (which would make sense as they’re not in the EU) but their licences are very similar in design and looks like they have the same Categories as us.

Very well summed up Mr muckles.

Santa:
I see that blue passports will be issued from next month. Are you going to surrender your red one so that you can become True Blue?.

As I have 2 almost identical current UK passports, it’ll cost me twice as much to renew mine, and twice the headache to do em. So I’ll let them expire as normal

I would hope if, and when we do leave HMG, will issue the correct course of action for drivers to take, So basically do nothing until told Todo so… were British don’t panic

seeing as our passports are reverting back to blue, and without euro writing on it, i would assume so too will driving licences, but i believe they will stay almost the same format, but without reference to the dreaded EU.