EU Budget row

I see on the news tonight that the EU members are doing their usual stuff, ie. the newer far eastern members are demanding more money for improved infrastructure and less money for the highly subsidised French farmers. If they get their way I suppose we can look forward to them all driving new (subsidised) trucks over here and cutting up the jobs even more than the Poles and the like have. Am I wrong?

raymundo:
I see on the news tonight that the EU members are doing their usual stuff, ie. the newer far eastern members are demanding more money for improved infrastructure and less money for the highly subsidised French farmers. If they get their way I suppose we can look forward to them all driving new (subsidised) trucks over here and cutting up the jobs even more than the Poles and the like have. Am I wrong?

Us and the French and the Germans should leave the EU and leave the Poles to look after and subsidise the Turks and the Romanians. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

With Europe in the grip of recession, why shouldn’t the EU budget be cut in line with the spending cuts that other Countries are having got make to balance the books.
At least we don’t seem to be totally isolated this time, other EU Countries are asking for a budget freeze or even cuts.

Give them nowt.They give us nowt,other than a load of petty regulations.Pull out of the EU :exclamation:

Almost everywhere you go in europe there are new roads built with massive signs trumpeting that they were paid for with eu cash, where’s OUR new roads paid for with eu cash?

They helped to improve a laybye on the A9, wot more do you want? :wink:
I’ll bet most of them new roads are to the east of Berlin … :imp:

We need the roads maintained here whether its EU money or whatever.Another hard winter and they will be a right mess after this wet weather.