EU Breaks

When I get back to driving I think I’ll just play it safe and take a 45min break every hour. :laughing:

quick question:

you’ve had 15 minute break earlier on and now you are taking another one lets say you don’t need this other break but you just fancy a rest or a quick snack.

also your driving could be a few minutes or close to the limit.

you only really need, say, 15 minutes for your snack or rest. does it always make sense to take 30 minutes to reset driving time or are there circumstances where you would not want this to happen?

LE1erRE:
quick question:

you’ve had 15 minute break earlier on and now you are taking another one lets say you don’t need this other break but you just fancy a rest or a quick snack.

also your driving could be a few minutes or close to the limit.

you only really need, say, 15 minutes for your snack or rest. does it always make sense to take 30 minutes to reset driving time or are there circumstances where you would not want this to happen?

If you’re within a few minutes of your driving time running out it will nearly always pay to reset the driving time by having a 30/45 minute break.

There may be exceptions to this, for instance if you’re only a few minutes from your destination and you won’t be working when you get there, but in those circumstances you probably won’t have stopped for an unneeded rest so close to your destination.