EST in trouble.

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … ration.htm

The rumors about this have been flying around for about a week and its very sad to see them confirmed. I was hoping they were just ‘Trucker Talk’ but unfortunately it appears that they are true. Everyone in the industry is a little shocked that it has come to this for EST.

I wish the best of British to all involved and hope they pull through as all the staff and management of this great British company deserve better.

Heard about this last week, but thought best to let the news come out through ‘official’ channels.
It’s certainly a shock for the industry, and goes to show that even those operating in a niche market are not immune from
problems.
There are rumours as to what has caused the problem, but again I guess its best to let official sources reveal the facts.

the same goes for me heard about it a few weeks ago weve done steel staging jobs for them and a few production jobs too and know several other subbies affected by this too

44 Tonne Ton:
http://www.roadtransport.com/Articles/2011/02/01/137990/EST-talks-to-investors-to-avoid-administration.htm

Hope all works out for their staff!!

At least Stobbies can’t be fingered for this!!!

Im so sorry for any1 involved. I was driving up the A49 near Church Stretton, and I noticed 4x EST DAFS parked up end to end in a farm. Thought they looked as if they were parked up more more in a repocessed nature than for sale/ on a job.

lightning:
Im so sorry for any1 involved. I was driving up the A49 near Church Stretton, and I noticed 4x EST DAFS parked up end to end in a farm. Thought they looked as if they were parked up more more in a repocessed nature than for sale/ on a job.

There often used to be one parked there (on the right hand side of the A49 as you drive up), this was either owned by a subbie or taken home by an employee, but I have only ever seen the one.

Very big shame,for a great company.
Lets hope they the bands can keep on Rockin and EST keep on Rollin

same here, shame to see.

lets hope that something get’s sorted and that “you rock, we roll” will live on :smiley:

Harry Monk:

lightning:

There often used to be one parked there (on the right hand side of the A49 as you drive up), this was either owned by a subbie or taken home by an employee, but I have only ever seen the one.

Yeah,they are owned by a subbie

It would be terribly sad if "Seldom Early’ were to disappear. Lets hope that someone spots the potential and sorts it out.

I don’t remeber seeing any of there truck at any festival’s last summer. It will be a big loss if they do go under.

The recession hit the music industry later than the general business world, by the time it became obvious that we were heading for trouble tours had already been booked, venues arranged, tickets printed etc etc etc… but last year was very quiet, none of the big players- McCartney, Madonna, Streisand- were touring and this year will be similar.

It’s a shame if they do go under, I have done a fair bit of work for them myself and they were always decent to me.

this would be a real shame. thought i hadn’t seen many about this week, then heard rumours that part of the group was in trouble, something to do with staging, then bugger me, this week, i’ve seen 4 on the road.

Cor Harry, your showing your age. Streisand, McCartney and Madonna are not the big users of transport. You need U2, The Stones or Coldplay etc who have the huge amounts of gear to cart about.

Madonna was always a huge tour, with three separate stages on the road at once, according to Wiki three of the twenty highest grossing music tours ever were Madonna tours.

Harry Monk:

lightning:

Was on the A49 today,the EST Daf is still parked near Leebotwood at the back of the farm.

the ones parked nr leebotwood belong to a subbie known to all as AJ ive work with AJ for three years running up till last year on george michel first then maddona in 2008 and again in 2009 hes a real nice bloke and i think hes now finding it hard and as said on here on maddona there was 4 seperate stages and we just leapfroged each other as she was doing 3 gigs aweek and the stages took 3 days to go up n 2 n a half to come down i with 14 trucks just on each stage system then advance production/universal /cateringtrucks and them production trucks =100 plus .ive done other adds n sods for them for the last 15 years .it will be a real shame if they dont sort it out

Looks like its all good now…roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … al-EST.htm