Essex truck auction

This Saturday Malcolm Harrison are auctioning collection of Essex International vintage trucks.

SCANIA LB111
SCANIA LB141
VOLVO F88 290BHP
SCANIA 142 PROJECT
SCANIA 143 STREAMLINE 44000KGS :laughing:
Check out their website :unamused:

Beautifully turned out trucksā€¦I wonder how much will they make?

Hopefully a link to the site
http://www.malcolmharrison.co.uk/Auctions.asp

Canā€™t believe that these cracking trucks are being put up for sale. Also, the Kerbey Motors Scania 3-Series Streamline is going as well. I have a strong feeling these trucks will make very good money as they look superb in the flesh. Donā€™t understand why they are selling them really! Iā€™ve not seen them up close and personal but I have seen the recent Tekno models that have been out on sale!

Thwy do look as good in real life as they do in pictures. Would usually see the 111 hooked up to a spread axle tandem tilt and the 141 to a 20 foot skelly, which is also in the sale.

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.888975,-4.153130

Riverstick:

If I tell you someone offered Ā£100,000 for the Volvo F88 and Scania 141 and got turned down flat that might give you an idea :blush: :blush: :blush: !!

Regards, Pete

the big day let the bidding begin

CF85DAF:

Riverstick:

If I tell you someone offered Ā£100,000 for the Volvo F88 and Scania 141 and got turned down flat that might give you an idea :blush: :blush: :blush: !!

Regards, Pete

Theres no money in transport thoughā€¦

Hi anybody got any info on what price they went for cheers bob

45g for the 88.

35g for the 141.

36g for the 111

Any idea what the 143 made?..Or even the 1986 F12 or the Spanish F89?

26k for the 143 Apparantly one of the one series is destined for irish soil

riverstick i was there spanish f89 8000 regards rowland

Those Essex trucks were top notch. I have admired them at various shows on a few ocassions,and i always thought the chassis in particular had been overhauled to a very high standard. I am delighted to see they made good money. It makes it worthwhile to restore a truck properly,to a high standard,knowing there is a buyer out there somewhere who will invest the money in it,provided it is done correctly,and if you wish to sell your pride and joy.

shuttlespanker:
45g for the 88.

35g for the 141.

36g for the 111

Hiya ā€¦as we also said on saturdayā€¦do you want that livery in your yardā€¦add another 10 to 15k
to have a very nice repaint to please your needā€¦that would make the 88 near on 60kā€¦
brillant day out met one or two TN lads(nice to see someone in the flesh as you may say)
the weather was really good for the time of yearā€¦i was lucky only 45mins down the road
other people traveled a long wayā€¦some come in helicopters just to make the range rovers
look a little cheep (ha ha)
John

Anyone got any photos from the auction please?

truckerash:
Anyone got any photos from the auction please?

Yes I have ash they are on my fb page I will tag you .

Hiya i only took a couple but this first one must be on everyones camera

god knows how i managed to get a photo with not many people in the shot as there was
crowds everywhereā€¦
next was a AEC marshall i liked but oneā€™s enough for me

take note of the blue sky brilliant
John

3300John:
Hiya i only took a couple but this first one must be on everyones camera

John

I wish I could have the F88 :frowning: ā€¦Monty Guildford had it previously; looked like this.

Dawsonā€™s had it from new on the haulage fleet. Think Iā€™d put it back in their colours. This is its sister;

But then again it would look very good like this one (AFC 507R) with all the ā€œbells and whistlesā€. Dream on Ashā€¦ :frowning: :laughing:

i was hoping to go myself, but i had other commitments unfortunately :frowning:

does anyone know what the white XF SSCā€™s and the Tcab sold for?