Cosmic:
Tonight on BBC2, 9pm.

“Hunting the Essex Lorry Killers”

Might be worth a watch.

bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0010ldl

Thanks for…

The heads up, I’ll watch it tonight.

Yeah cheers for that I’ll record it

The worst part of all this - is that the Government STILL does not enforce any kind of deportation for illegal immigration, nor the attempts, nor the french authorities that aid and abet them - ALL potential criminals IF only our so-called Right Wing Home secretary started to do what it said on the tin FFS… :angry:

If these people were sent straight back, rather than given asylum - then less people would take the risk and make the trip, which costs them most of their life savings, and of course all-too-often - their very lives into the bargain…

We need to make Britian an UNDESIRABLE place for migrants to want to come to then.
IR35 is just the first stitch in a greater fabric here, BUT it is all taking too long to be of good effect in our lifetimes, I fear…

If only Remainers (Non-Patriots) Greenies (Borderline Terrorists by this point) and Lefties (care more for unknown foreigners than for UK-born Taxpayers) could get to grips, and speed Brexit along so we can get past all the downsides of the upheaval, and reap that Brexit Dividend - or do we really have to boot the whole lot of 'em out at Westminster to get that far?
It seems the whole of westminster is now bent on demonstrating to us all that even something supposedly done and dusted, can still be broken, and then rolled back because the public are going “Please no more economic suffering. We’ll shut up about Brexit if you immediately drop prices back down again!”.

Trust me - Westminster - has already lost control of the monster they’ve created here.
It isn’t Hyperinflation we should fear (Germany got that 100 years ago, NOT Britain) - it is the deflationary slump and mass unemployment that comes AFTER that.

100 years ago - Labour took over from the Liberals as the major opposition to the Tories at Westminster.
Perhaps now - it is time for a 4th party to take over from the Tories…?

We won’t see Labour out of opposition again - until they once again continue the “Tory Lite” experiment that was New Labour over two decades ago.

Boris - continues to throw the Tory Future away by shifting so far left that he’s more woke than Keir Starmer by this point.
Do people like Angela Raynor really have the backing of the traditional Labour voter, or is she just a part of the ongoing China-serving, Anti-Semitic Far Left problem that’ll keep Labour out of power indefinitely, when we actually NEED a powerful opposition right now, in the face of a fading-fast Tory government - exactly where we were THREE decades ago…

Great Post Winseer - Like Carryfast on Acid :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

^^^ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Winseer:
snipped

Could you not even save your political monologue until after the TV program?

I wish that the Media would stop referring to the boat people as Migrants, they are an illegal occupying force. The Australian Government had a similar problem and made it clear that no one would settle in Australia after trying to enter illegally. There are many thousands of yachts in Southern England that could be used to patrol our Marine Borders

alamcculloch:
I wish that the Media would stop referring to the boat people as Migrants, they are an illegal occupying force. The Australian Government had a similar problem and made it clear that no one would settle in Australia after trying to enter illegally. There are many thousands of yachts in Southern England that could be used to patrol our Marine Borders

We know which way you voted in the referendum

Just watched the prog on BBC2 - it made a harrowing story! None of the four bu**ers were even slightly innocent, and I was one who originally believed that Mo Robinson was a hapless victim! They should have got double and no remission!
Made me feel ashamed of the industry I was proud to be a part of for 50 years!

Steve

There was very little new information and a lot of missing facts, like the fancy houses, cars, holidays etc.

I was under the impression that innocent “mo” had done it a dozen times before.

At the end of the documentary of “hunting the Essex lorry killers” it claims “the police are now working with the haulage industry to implement safety changes to prevent future deaths” any ideas how?

Where are the #justiceforMo people now?

weeto:
At the end of the documentary of “hunting the Essex lorry killers” it claims “the police are now working with the haulage industry to implement safety changes to prevent future deaths” any ideas how?

dang you beat me to it i have just watched the documentry and was going to ask the same thing.

what ever it is it will rely on the eu customs officers and we all know how effcient they are

Watched in on IPlayer last night and felt it wasn’t in depth enough and only scraped the surface as Wheel Nut says lots of missing info could really have done with being a 2 parter. How high up the chain was the Romainian? Who are the people in Vietnam facilitating it all?
You feel for the families but you have to ask why? There must be other families in the area who have done the same did they not speak to them to see how the sales pitch matched the reality. To commit to $22,000 plus interest in a country where the average income in 2019 was $16,960 and am guessing that in rural areas it is a lot less seems madness without knowing the returns. They must have been able to see that people were not getting what they were promised there have been plenty of high profile cases in the UK of cannabis farms being raided and the workers are in the main Vietnamese.
Just seems that the victims were being exploited from the start by everyone involved add in the greed of the smugglers by putting so many in one lift it was sadly bound to end in a disaster one way or another.

few yrs back i was in the habit of washing my car early Sunday mornings before 9am , along the street a taxi used to arrive and a couple of asians id never before seen would quickly come out from a nearby takeaway with huge black suitcases and off they would go. Whether this was part of a chain of smuggling who knows but when i thought about it it must be a constant flow like any other goods

Wheel Nut:
WTF is a Hi-Fi, its 2021 :laughing:

Nice one :laughing: :laughing:

Like others have said, these guys weren’t the smartest of criminals, as are any criminals who organize their activities using mobile phones - FFS have they never seen “The Wire” :unamused: Never heard of code words?
Considering it was essentially mass murder, I think they all got off quite lightly.