Escaped from DirectLGV, now more motivated than ever!

Hi guys,

I posted a while back asking about a training school i had enrolled with called Direct LGV and all i got was nothing but bad news. Many of you are probably aware of the their antics so there’s no need to go into it here. Recently however i have sort of been given a second chance. The company filed for voluntary liquidation about a month ago and at first i thought my 1200 quid had gone with them seeing as i hadn’t recieved any training yet. After contacting the insolvency company who were dealing with the liquidation i was advised the best way to get my money back was too raise a dispute with my bank which i immediatley did. I sent everything i could to them, dates, amounts, a letter from the insolvency group and even a photocopy of an article from the Daily Mirror reporting on their downfall. At this point i thought the money was long gone. Yesterday however, i recieved a letter from the bank informing me they had re-credited my account! :smiley: i got the whole 1200 back!

Now i’m more motivated than ever to get my training sorted! I live up in Manchester so i’ve been looking at Stockport HGV which has also been recommended by a friend. I’ve read through their whole website and plan to visit their place in the week to check it all out first hand. Not till i am totally conviced am i handing any money over this time. I guess i got lucky.

I’ll update on my progress when i get the ball rolling! :wink:

I remember you :slight_smile: and I’m glad you got your money back.

Look forward to your progress.

Looks like you got a lucky break.

Looking forward to your training diary :slight_smile:

Pleased you got your money nice to here

Hope you get sorted soon & yep dont hand any money over until you happy but you could visit more than 1 there will be some on the recommended list on here

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=44667&p=503949#p503949

brilliant news that you got your money back , now go an do your training with a proper trainer , have an assesment and meet them face to face only then part with ya money :smiley:

jen x

Really pleased and relieved to hear that. All the best with your choice. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks guys! :wink:

I’m gonna check out Stockport HGV and Enterprise first, as they are both recommended on this site.

I work on the airfield at Manchester Airport and fancy moving over to a driving role there. I’m focusing on aircraft refuelling at the moment which will also need an ADR i presume. But i’m also looking at Catering trucks and i know a couple people who work out of the Airport hauling the cargo that come off the big 747’s. So there’s many roles i have my eyes on but the refuelling is where i’d love to end up. For now i can only dream! :slight_smile:

For ADR

adr-courses.co.uk/

They do have a very good instructor in fact "The Oracle " :wink: :wink:

Zer0:
Thanks guys! :wink:

I’m gonna check out Stockport HGV and Enterprise first, as they are both recommended on this site.

I work on the airfield at Manchester Airport and fancy moving over to a driving role there. I’m focusing on aircraft refuelling at the moment which will also need an ADR i presume. But i’m also looking at Catering trucks and i know a couple people who work out of the Airport hauling the cargo that come off the big 747’s. So there’s many roles i have my eyes on but the refuelling is where i’d love to end up. For now i can only dream! :slight_smile:

at manchester airport I have been informed no adr required via monarch refuelling who handles some of the guys that work out of that airport you will do several weeks training there on theyre procedures etc but good luck with it.