Escape lane design fault!

This escape lane is in Chile coming down from the Andes to the pacific ocean , drove by yesterday and saw this truck which had used the escape lane , it does stop a truck but the end result is not ideal, if you look close you will see the back of the trailer and the white powder all over the side of the mountain which was his load,with the fly sheet lying on the edge, the cab was throw over onto the top of the cliff , i think it was a bonneted freightliner , not much left of tractor ,its a 3 hour ride down the mountains ,some guys have added home made water systems to cool brakes ,this is just north of the attacama desert ,one of the hottest and dryest places on earth.You also will notice the little shrine with the Virgin Mary in it , you will see these all the way down.

Ouch!!

they using the cliff face like a buffer, if the gravel dont stop ya the rock face will, sad but true

no wonder there is a cross and a shrine at the entrance. if you had to use it i would stick my head between my legs and kiss my ■■■ good bye :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I still like the one after you go over the Dartford Crossing. Should your brakes fail you have to plough through the countless cars and lorries waiting to go through the tolls before you can get anywhere near the escape lane

I’ve always liked this one

Toureg123, you dont half seem to get around mate, are you in transport as we know it or is it a sideline and you do something completely different??

It seems like you were taking stuff to the Iranian / Afgahn border the other year, the other week you were in africa and now south America!! :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Bullitt ,not in mainstream transport anymore , did have own company before ,work as tm in europe, driver before that, now all i can say is im an self employed import/export consultant :question: :grimacing:

toureg123:
… now all i can say is im an self employed import/export consultant :question: :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ok, best leave things at that then!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

oooer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: