Err boss, .................

hulldailymail.co.uk/Recovery … story.html

“People just take no notice of orange lights,” he said. “I think people have just become so used to seeing orange lights that they find them easy to miss.”

This statement he made to the paper makes a lot of sense.
I was following an access platform truck yesterday who was driving quite normally in what is just a 32t rigid who decided he needed all his beacons lit even though he was plodding along the motorway like everyone else. It’s a bit like high viz jackets now they’re everywhere. They tend to have less of a visual impact.

You would think a " ATS" Driver would know better !
just glad no one serriously hurt !

I think part of the problem is that too many drivers use them when they are not needed. I think it makes them feel important or something.
Another thing the police need to clamp down on. Some of them cause more of a distraction than anything else.

I frequently forget to turn off the amber beacons when I leave quarries and building sites, where they require them to be used.

The ATS driver was probably just a frustrated Evel Kneivel type, that saw their once in a lifetime chance and just went for it.

albion1971:
Another thing the police need to clamp down on. Some of them cause more of a distraction than anything else.

What Police, hardly any left patrolling the roads these days.

Basically the only Road Traffic offences the authorities seem interested in are those that can be detected by camera.

You can drive like a total [zb] with almost no fear of getting prosecuted, as long as your vehicle is taxed and insured and you drive under the speed limit,

LIBERTY_GUY:
I frequently forget to turn off the amber beacons when I leave quarries and building sites, where they require them to be used.

The ATS driver was probably just a frustrated Evel Kneivel type, that saw their once in a lifetime chance and just went for it.

Why do you forget? Surely if you forget once you remember the next time. I drove a low loader and never forget to turn the beacon off. I also never forget to turn the blue lights off on the ambulance I drove. Standards eh… :laughing:

I reckon his winch is too powerful.

muckles:

albion1971:

What Police, hardly any left patrolling the roads these days.

Basically the only Road Traffic offences the authorities seem interested in are those that can be detected by camera.

You can drive like a total [zb] with almost no fear of getting prosecuted, as long as your vehicle is taxed and insured and you drive under the speed limit,

I totally agree. ITS {zb}

albion1971:

LIBERTY_GUY:

Why do you forget? Surely if you forget once you remember the next time. I drove a low loader and never forget to turn the beacon off. I also never forget to turn the blue lights off on the ambulance I drove. Standards eh… :laughing:

If you drive tippers, you live your life at high speed without a minute to spare and you’re primarily concentrating on putting the power on to make up the time you have lost with the donkeys on the site, or in the quarry. We don’t all live at the leisurely pace of low loader drivers… :wink:

eagerbeaver:
I reckon his winch is too powerful.

Maybe they were acting out a scene from the Italian Job !!

LIBERTY_GUY:

albion1971:

LIBERTY_GUY:

If you drive tippers, you live your life at high speed without a minute to spare and you’re primarily concentrating on putting the power on to make up the time you have lost with the donkeys on the site, or in the quarry. We don’t all live at the leisurely pace of low loader drivers… :wink:

You have forgotten I drove tippers as well.
I was never in such a rush that I forgot to switch a switch off.
Maybe things have changed or your memory is not so good.

Haha…good one Bald bloke.

" You were only supposed to blow the bloody van off ".

albion1971:
I think part of the problem is that too many drivers use them when they are not needed. I think it makes them feel important or something.

And there’s a couple of distractions to the north-west of your post :laughing:

simon1958:

albion1971:

And there’s a couple of distractions to the north-west of your post :laughing:

What an where? sufficient to stop him driven up the back of he recovery truck at speed unless he was expecting an imminent breakdown !

Going back about 20 years befor I got my HGV I drove a recovery truck for the free recovery in roadworks and the same happened to one of the lads when working in the live lane had to have eyes in the back of your head. I had many a close shave in the end I said sod that and left, day time was ok because traffic was standing when u got there but 2o clock in a morning not good