Ernest Thorpe Transport Sheffield

jessicas dad:

lgamston:
heard off one of there drivers other day there halfing there fleet and struggling at the minute could explain why theres some of there lorrys/trailers for sale on the internet.
trucks.autotrader.co.uk/used-tru … config/6x2

Bloody hell, I wouldn’t consider £750 for that.

tbh I thought same about the price lol, maybe 3/4k tops

lgamston:

jessicas dad:

lgamston:
heard off one of there drivers other day there halfing there fleet and struggling at the minute could explain why theres some of there lorrys/trailers for sale on the internet.
trucks.autotrader.co.uk/used-tru … config/6x2

Bloody hell, I wouldn’t consider £750 for that.

tbh I thought same about the price lol, maybe 3/4k tops

Not sure if it’s a typo in the advert but it’s listed as T+T until 06/2012 so if that’s right it’s well and truly out of test. Even if they meant 06/2013 it only has a week or so of test left.

Paul

I’d say the truck was not out of test at the time the advert was posted, a year and a half ago :laughing:

You can sometimes see them pulling for Morrisons from Wakefield.

I know their boss Ann Thorpe could swear better than any man,i know at one time she lived in a bungalow next to their yard.

Photos of Bob Hobbs site transportphotos.com
JLC00105-2.jpg
JLC00202-05.jpg
JLC00238-02.jpg

plenty on here… flickr.com/groups/1142978@N2 … 0062792646

Hello.
Whenever i see one of their lorries,they are a credit to the fitters and the drivers,well turned out and have not seen one on the hard shoulder,with a dropped fetlock :smiley: :smiley:
hulltramper

i was in the weigh bridge queue at aldwarke with a bulk tipper of lime , and all thorpe’s unit were coming in for their trailers . they were all yakking and ■■■■ taking on the cb , and on of them ran slap into the back of my trailer , buggered the cab . when he rang ann up to report it i believe her answer was on the lines of " stop with it , fitters will be down soon , they’ll be bringing your cards " only much more graphic .

They used to come into our Hull yard for a backload when I was a lad. I remember them running old Atkinson Borderer type, LAD Leyland and Foden. The Sudden Accidents must have come as a shock :stuck_out_tongue:

Some oldies here from Les(wakey) Wilsons flickr site.Hope he wont mind sharing them with us.

Great photos John, They bring back a lot of mems, Keep them rolling Regards Larry.

lgamston:

coiler:
Are they still going?

yep still running over 40 dafs, they do similar work to us on the steel job for TATA steels always look tidy tho for old tackle.

Sadly they went into voluntary liquidation late last year i believe. Another old school transport firm that’s now just a memory.

■■■■■■■■

lgamston:

coiler:
Are they still going?

yep still running over 40 dafs, they do similar work to us on the steel job for TATA steels always look tidy tho for old tackle.

Sadly they went into voluntary liquidation late last year i believe. Another old school transport firm that’s now just a memory.

Not everything has gone - they are still doing MOT’s, caravan storage and a bit of light haulage under one of the divisional companies.

there is a 2 page tribute in this month’s C&vC to Ernest’s

this one in CVC with mine & Les Wilson photos

Seddon Atkinson Strato (one of Two) Aldwarke tr park

revman:
Seddon Atkinson Strato (one of Two) Aldwarke tr park

This pic was taken at Gaydon Classic Truck Show around 2006

■■■■■■■■

revman:
1 Seddon Atkinson Strato (one of Two) Aldwarke tr park

This pic was taken at at Gaydon Classic Truck Show around 2006

Great stuff can I post it on the Service that Satisfies?

10DFFBB4-25AC-4B8E-8243-375B8EFFBEEA.jpg Thorpes yard Station rd Deepcar