Eric Hunwick

Can anyone remember Erick Hunwick from Manchester? He ran quite a few motors mainly on container work but he also sent a Volvo 88 to the middle east. I think they only did then one trip but the driver (Theran Ted) must have shoveled half the bloody desert into the cab because he still had sand in there18 months after he came back. They had one of their motors on for us (MAT) but I can’t remeber the guys name.
Cliff

I remember them from years ago, running out of a little yard just off Gorton Road in Reddish. Used to see one regularly parked on Reddish Rd on a sunday. Assumed that the driver was calling home to collect his kit. One of his old trailers was static and gently ageing at LTS tyres on Greg Street (also Reddish)but I’m not sure if it is still there. If not at least its ghost remains because if you travel via Google earth street view and peer very carefully through LTS gateway, the top half of this trailer is still visible.

Heres a pic of a couple of Erics…

40 hunwickss.jpg

Sepo:
Heres a pic of a couple of Erics…

I quite often saw them on the Newhaven Dieppe boat in he mid '90s. A regular fella doing hazardous to Northern France iirc. Classic looking outfit.

Regards,

Mark.

I remember delivering groupage to eric when he was in a hanger at manchester airport sometime in the late '70’s when i worked for elm transport.

Hope you don’t mind me resurrecting this thread, but I came across it in a random google search of my dad’s name. Yup, Eric Hunwick was my dad.

With reference to the ‘tehran ted’ post, I believe several runs were made to Tehran because I remember dad doing one himself and mum (Beryl Hunwick) thought he went on his own.

I have a few pics of his trucks and drivers if anyone is interested, and its nice to hear that he is remembered

Sepo, I swear I have the same picture that you have uploaded, does this mean you were one of his drivers?

…and one more. Actually I’ve a few more from the drivers shoot but they’re all the same faces.