Erf range change valve

Hi, just joined up as am after some info, just bought myself a 1989 erf e6 180 with Eaton 9 speed box and the hi low doesn’t work as its been standing for ten years. Ive tracked ut down to the range change air shuttle valve. My question is does anyone know the part number, or where i can find a good secondhand one? Thanks

I suggest to write an email to your nearest Eaton-dealer or even with a nice letter
to the Kalamazoo-Head-Quarters…there is always somebody that nice to help as
there are archives…I speak out of experience and a lot is kept secure for us!

Gaz0203:
Hi, just joined up as am after some info, just bought myself a 1989 erf e6 180 with Eaton 9 speed box and the hi low doesn’t work as its been standing for ten years. Ive tracked ut down to the range change air shuttle valve. My question is does anyone know the part number, or where i can find a good secondhand one? Thanks

hi gaz,
if you take it all apart and clean it very well,you may? find thats all was wrong? my 1974 a series was the same when i bought it.check the spring loaded pin that locates inside the box,it allows range change to actuate after the gear lever moves.there is also the piston in the valve that can seize.it worked on mine! 45 minute fix.hope this helps and good luck.
regards andrew.

Sounds OK to me m8

Hi, i was hoping that would fix mine and that’s what ive tried, unfortunately its a complete rusty pitted mess so i think replacement is the only option. Just not sure the best way to get hold of a replacement

Try buying one from a re conditioners like H l Smith at Albrighton I think they will be cheaper than Erf/man agent ,an example of this is for the big 9 speed a rear pinon seal I was quoted £80, smiths posted me one for £15 .

Hiya DAN…did you see that chap at Kelsall with a stall full of valves…he,s from Tamworth. his place is sort of at
the back of the service’s area. i have his phone number give me a few hours i’ll try and find it for you
John

Couldn’t the earlier valves be stripped and cleaned but the later type were a sealed unit, or has my memory failed me yet again? :confused:

Pete.

Hi, Gaz, what’s your approximate location? Some of us may know of a parts outlet near to you.

Hi, I’m near oswestry,Shropshire. Any help greatly received as so far I’m drawing a blank

Smiths are off junction 3 m54 so not too far away .

Gaz0203:
Hi, I’m near oswestry,Shropshire. Any help greatly received as so far I’m drawing a blank

Have you tried bob Edwards he’s from up your way ,he’s got Erf and seddon Atkis .hes Dads firm is mervyn Edwards .

Thanks Dan, iv tried smiths and no joy, but a mate of mine does work for mervyn Edwards I’ll give him a bell tomorow

Have you spoken to the fron I always found all of them helpful they were still running a b series wrecker quite recently

Gaz0203:

If you really get stuck & fancy a day out, Walker’s of Manchester have usually got an ERF or two in their yard. Someone on here will know their phone number if you can’t find it.

Nev Peate at St Martins might know of something, he’s on here as oxo3.
Cheers Dave.

Still on te lookout for one of these. Any help great fully received. Everyone I speak to seems to have different models so can anyone shed Any light on the make and model of this particular valve? All that’s stamped on it is 8873665 on the back, no idea if that’s a part number or casting number

Gaz0203:
Still on te lookout for one of these. Any help great fully received. Everyone I speak to seems to have different models so can anyone shed Any light on the make and model of this particular valve? All that’s stamped on it is 8873665 on the back, no idea if that’s a part number or casting number

we used to buy those eaton 6109 gearbox valves from martinair, for our 6w hinos

Never heard of martinair, are they still trading?

give this chap a ring Auto truck Parts 07502278441

he breaks ERFs in Burslem/Stoke on Trent helped me with a few bits for my c series so might be able to help