ERF LV

I have a mental image of a tractordriver chasing a lilladan brandishing a wheel brace! :wink:

Lilladan:
LV is only a kabin type , its a 64G or mobile road block/ go slow , bomb proof cos it does only four revs per day , fire brigade calls when you start it from cold ? runs back some times ? uses as much oil as diesel ? takes i week to get to top gear ? ya its a Gardner :wink:

Not that slow its a 6 speed box and I can out pace any modern truck with it. granted its running light. :laughing:
but all the rest you say is true :unamused:

tractordriver:

Lilladan:
LV is only a kabin type , its a 64G or mobile road block/ go slow , bomb proof cos it does only four revs per day , fire brigade calls when you start it from cold ? runs back some times ? uses as much oil as diesel ? takes i week to get to top gear ? ya its a Gardner :wink:

Not that slow its a 6 speed box and I can out pace any modern truck with it. granted its running light. :laughing:

Hiya i had a 180 Gardner/brown box and two speed axle. i would do Stoke to Dover and back in a day with european
trailers. from Toddington up the M1 to Crick was 70mph cool running. i’ll bet your fancy 400+ modern tackle would never
keep up with the yesteryear antics we got up to.DON’T SLAG GARDNERS OFF they were good tools of their day.
John

3300John:

tractordriver:

Lilladan:

Hiya i had a 180 Gardner/brown box and two speed axle. i would do Stoke to Dover and back in a day with european
trailers. from Toddington up the M1 to Crick was 70mph cool running. i’ll bet your fancy 400+ modern tackle would never
keep up with the yesteryear antics we got up to.DON’T SLAG GARDNERS OFF they were good tools of their day.
John

Thats is exactly what is in my waggon and I backed off when I hit 60. not driven one for a long time so taking it easy for now

I had a 150 and DB 6 speed set up in an ash framed Seddon. Plated at 32 tons it would do the job. A great gear box compared to some of the pudding stirrers of the day, and the engine would pull, once you got down to third tell it there was no more and it would chug away all day.

A typical day’s work. Empty from Gloucester to Barry, Load 20 tons of plastic maxing out at 32 tons (often on a flatbed) and then running through to Felixstowe.
No M4 west of Newport so through Cardiff, No M25 so either around the North Circular or straight through the middle.

“Straight through the middle” was a regular route (depending on time of day) in those far-off times. I wish I had a pound for every trip along the Embankment or through Elephant & Castle.

'Twas 2 hours from the bridge to Heston; 2 hours around or through and then 2 hours from Braintree to Felixstowe

Running down past Earls Court on a Summer Afternoon was the most dangerous part; 3 lanes of traffic and mini skirts on both pavements. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oh, Don’t- you’ve just reminded me! At my age I ought not to remember that sort of thing. :wink: