ERF gearbox

hi

the passed 2 days i have had a 54reg ERF ect (class 1) with 4 over 4 and hi/lo but on the gear stick there is a button what is it for ?

when changing gears i sometimes click it with out knowing and i think it holds the clutch in ?

Thanks

not for an easyshift system is it?

I don’t know this model but is it a splitter :question:
Most that have 2 switches are usually 1 for range change and 1 for splitter

Drove it for 2 days ? You need to ask the company for familiarization training on that type of gearbox …

Gates:
hi

the passed 2 days i have had a 54reg ERF ect (class 1) with 4 over 4 and hi/lo but on the gear stick there is a button what is it for ?

when changing gears i sometimes click it with out knowing and i think it holds the clutch in ?

Thanks

its called a comfort shift, its designed so that u only use the pedal clutch when stopping and starting and just use the button as a clutch,i used one on the milk tankers but didnt rate it so just used normal clutch,then the dash started beeping and telling me to use clutch!!so i had to change gear slower!

eddster1979:

Gates:
hi

Thanks

its called a comfort shift, its designed so that u only use the pedal clutch when stopping and starting and just use the button as a clutch,i used one on the milk tankers but didnt rate it so just used normal clutch,then the dash started beeping and telling me to use clutch!!so i had to change gear slower!

Had one at DHelL and thought it was brilliant

Thanks eddster1979

i’ll remember that for next time i get one

Gates:
on the gear stick there is a button what is it for ?

it’s the comfort shift mate, you only have to rest your finger on it then change gear without the clutch pedal.

If ur going up the box, no need to take your foot of the throttle pedal either just keep it down.

eddster1979:
then the dash started beeping and telling me to use clutch!!

That was telling you to push clutch right down to the floor when using it.

ps. if you want a quick change best to use the clutch not the button.

Think i’ve got all that right been about 7 or 8 years since i drove an MAN.

Bob.

DONT use it when loaded and going up hill, it takes too long to change gear and you’ll end up changing down another 2 gears :laughing:

even useing the clutch to drop 1/2 a gear seemed to take forever (uphill)

don’t think am in there monday (sports direct) agency said they 99% sure it will be a tanker in granthem on milk or beer

Ah i’m on the milk tankers myself. Dont forget handbrake on everytime you stop, you dont want the milk pushiing you into the car in front or behind when it slops :wink:

C-Kay:
Ah i’m on the milk tankers myself. Dont forget handbrake on everytime you stop, you dont want the milk pushiing you into the car in front or behind when it slops :wink:

Thanks i’ll remember that (first time in a tanker)

No worries. try and keep your braking smooth, it will reduce the slop. It’s quite a weird feeling when you’re going along and the milk is going back and forth.

If you’re in an automatic, be prepared for many gear changes, the liquid pushes you forward and changes up (sometimes 2 gears), and when it slops back it will change down a gear. I tend to switch it to manual when loaded, just dont do what i do and forget it’s in manual when you stop and try and pull off in 12th, the truck doesn’t like it :laughing: