ERF 'European' (1975)

The erf at Dover looks to have the rha sticker over the front indicator so i would guess its JDF

Steve

vwvanman0:
The erf at Dover looks to have the rha sticker over the front indicator so i would guess its JDF

Steve

Good heavens Steve, you’re right! That makes archiving the picture so much easier. Thanks Hawkeye!! :sunglasses: :laughing:

Beresford in Dover docks - same era.

robthedog:

DEANB:
Ro, This is a very intresting new pic of Pountains ERF in the last colours they operated in,and it shows it driving off a ferry with a 80 ton cased press crown.

Whats really intresting is where its coming off the ferry. Montreal,Canada !!

My friend Dave Lee sent me a copy of this brochure that also features another pic of the ERF when it was in the grey livery.

If you still have ■■■■ Pountain’s contact details it may be worth double checking that it was shipped to Montreal but it clearly states it in the brochure.

I see in 1981 that the Atlantic Container Line operated between Liverpool and Montreal so possibly the route used.

■■■■ Pountain sold his entire fleet in 1988.

Snap!

40081F60-274D-4B18-93DA-FB245C90CC98.jpeg

robthedog:

A closer-in version of a pic we have on here. It’s KFH 249P, normally driven by Chris Till.

It looks (in all fairness) that you’re hardly happy with any post over here…frequent grumpy feelings…just as DEANB lately.

Show this thread has VITALITY and Volume X of Lorries from Arabia would be the definite answer after roughly 5-10 years research.

I close books, it takes so much energy to deal with all assumptions and hardly facts…DEANB…I don’t need cissors to cut in magazines

ERF-Continental:
It looks (in all fairness) that you’re hardly happy with any post over here…frequent grumpy feelings…just as DEANB lately.

Show this thread has VITALITY and Volume X of Lorries from Arabia would be the definite answer after roughly 5-10 years research.

I close books, it takes so much energy to deal with all assumptions and hardly facts…DEANB…I don’t need cissors to cut in magazines

Oh dear! :unamused:

I’m not sure we need a lecture on ‘facts’ from a poster who told us the Collin unit was sold to Dutchmen; and that the Cauvas unit was grafted onto a Belgian Hye chassis.

…so good riddance! :laughing:

DEANB:
White Cliffs of Dover.

Could that be a Lowes of Paddock Wood E.R.F. on the right, in the background and could that ship be the P. and O. Lion. :confused:

And on that other photo in the docks, might that be two Kelly Freight from Ireland Scanias, next to the two Beresford motors.

beresford erg ngc.PNG

mushroomman:

DEANB:
White Cliffs of Dover.

Could that be a Lowes of Paddock Wood E.R.F. on the right, in the background and could that ship be the P. and O. Lion. :confused:

And on that other photo in the docks, might that be two Kelly Freight from Ireland Scanias, next to the two Beresford motors.

I’m sure you’re right about the ferry. Can’t identify a Lowe wagon there.

Using Vwvanman’s method of identifying JDF by its RHA badge, we can now establish that this NGC is also JDF 132N :sunglasses:

I love this picture, as it shows a working NGC in context - ie, in its natural habitat!

65db45d99333354e4f8c162858f115b4.jpg

Looking into the Thibaut ERF’s.

thibaut info erf.PNG

DEANB:

Good luck! :sunglasses:

ERF-NGC-European:

DEANB:

Good luck! :sunglasses:

No big deal…the three ERF’s did a lifetime job in Strée, established by L. Thibaut along the local mill with their first motor (MAN) in 1946 soon followed
by a White (by then represented Messrs. Denonville) and soon the ERFś came in. There were three sons, also driving for the mill and other cattle-food.

No worries, at the ‘end’ we know everything when the most participants are unfortunately no longer with us…

I assume, bearing in mind there WERE several cross-purchases/owners some 125 NGC were on this earth, but
be honest…at the end an assumption on the closest figure can be made and Robert/Rowena did a hell of a
job to focus on which, where and go on…had to do with ERF NGC!

DEANB:

Their one NGC was pictured in Schaarbeek/Brussels in front of the HQ of Denonville/■■■■■■■ Distributor Belgium

ERF-Continental:
No worries, at the ‘end’ we know everything when the most participants are unfortunately no longer with us…

I assume, bearing in mind there WERE several cross-purchases/owners some 125 NGC were on this earth, but
be honest…at the end an assumption on the closest figure can be made and Robert/Rowena did a hell of a

I thought the official figure was ninety-one :unamused: . Have some more turned up?

Les…in all fairness…Robert/Rowena DID a hell of a job but was very keen in publishing the best and end of results.
The fact is that some of the chassis did get a second and even third chance without knowing when/where the chassis
was operational. I have been hindered despite some archives (Belgium) that there were cross-sales and everybody was
counting (Dean Barlett brrr.O his 10 sheep to count within a group of let’s say seventy sheep. The majority of chassis
mentioned were neglected, Delsaert, Cockerill, Hye if/and when the chassis went to Cauvas (or not) and got Volvo-axles)
at least EVERYTHING was doubted and neglected. I don’t mind.,…but the don’t start an inviting thread for more as you
dislike the results. TO me NGC’s were close to 120 chassis and with all respect we’re all able to count that series.

Les Sylphides:

ERF-Continental:

I thought the official figure was ninety-one :unamused: . Have some more turned up?

I wasn’t going to respond to this nonsense but as you ask: thanks to ‘ERF’ who used to post on here, and the ERF archivist, we have known for some years now that 91 NGCs were on the books between their launch and end of production. Their research was meticulous. This left just the possibility that one or two pre-production vehicles may or may not have passed into use without having ‘gone through the books’ (the rigid recovery vehicle springs to mind). Since that figure was established there has been no reason whatsoever to believe otherwise. Even if we assume a couple of unaccounted-for pre-production units, that still only equals 93.

The fact that we have a figure higher than that (my register shows 95; and Jan-Albert’s count is 125) simply means we have not yet joined all the dots. Indeed, we may never do so. As we have said so many times before on here: many of these units led second, third and fourth lives; new identities; new registration plating; second and third nationalities; rebuilding; reconstruction-and-use etc.

But for the present, 91-93 is the plausible figure. And incidentally, the so-called ‘neglected’ chassis are an irrelevance as they were not even NGC chassis. Nothing was doubted and neglected, as suggested in the mischievous missive above: any serious information and material and facts and pictures that were brought to the table were taken very seriously indeed. Red herrings, deliberate misleadings and lots of hot air containing no info at all simply had to be disregarded or put on hold until verified.

Hope that helps.