ERF 'European' (1975)

Nice pic. It has the roof vent,but cant see the flap under the windscreen ■■

Same bumper as on the brochure one.

The plain bumper was mounted lower, presumably to clear the crossmember without incurring the manufacturing cost and strength reduction of the cutout.

DEANB:
Nice pic. It has the roof vent,but cant see the flap under the windscreen ■■

Same bumper as on the brochure one.

That picture must be the original of this cutting from one of the journals at the time. Notice that the line up is to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first ERF lorry being dispatched. This dates it at September 1973, only nine months after the launch of the NGC. Either it is a different unit from the one shown on the brochures, or it has had its vent fitted and is the same one. Robert

imgage of 7MW ERF.jpg

[zb]
anorak:
The plain bumper was mounted lower, presumably to clear the crossmember without incurring the manufacturing cost and strength reduction of the cutout.

Yes, you’re right: the bumper on production models is significantly lower. Robert

Thanks to ‘moomooland’ for posting this Earls Court picture on the Paul Gee thread! Here is the view. In the 2nd version of it, I have circled the ERF NGC exhibited - so this dates the picture as 1974 :wink: Robert

MJL connection vis-à-vis the so-called Comart NGC which was really a French-registered LTL unit. This DAF is French-registered too. Robert

f%20mjl.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:
Thanks to ‘moomooland’ for posting this Earls Court picture on the Paul Gee thread! Here is the view. In the 2nd version of it, I have circled the ERF NGC exhibited - so this dates the picture as 1974 :wink: Robert

The Foden badge to the left of the ERFs makes it a 1975 photo, according to this:
archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … ens-s80s83
unless the “square” Foden emblem was in use a year before the S83 launch.

I went to that motor show, my first one and I went to them for a couple of years after, when they moved it to the NEC it was too far to go.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

The Foden badge to the left of the ERFs makes it a 1975 photo, according to this:
archive.commercialmotor.com/arti … ens-s80s83
unless the “square” Foden emblem was in use a year before the S83 launch.

You all seem such civilised chaps on this thread, so I’m happy to clarify!. :smiley:

The Earls Court Commercial Motor Show was held every even numbered year 70, 72, 74 etc, The Scottish Commercial Motor Show at Kelvin Hall was held every odd numbered year 71, 73, 75 etc.
The photo is Earls Court, and is definitely the 1974 show.

The Foden S83 cab was launched at the 1974 Earls Court show…

I agree ERF ,as i popped that article on a while back. :wink:

Robert the article for book 3 was from Road Way Magazine February 1973. :smiley:

Looks like Greer were still trading in 1980,as this snippet was from April 12th 1980.

Many thanks for clarification @ Anorak, ERF and DEANB. Robert :sunglasses:

DEANB:

Thanks for pointing that out Dean. In the interests of avoiding duplication, I’ll delete it.

At the moment I have custody of the bulk of the ERF factory photo archive via the ‘archivist’, but there isn’t a great deal of NGC material. As most photos were issued to the press, published in brochures or in ERF’s ‘Chassis’ magazine, I’m sure you chaps have already seen them all anyway!.

ERF:

DEANB:

Thanks for pointing that out Dean. In the interests of avoiding duplication, I’ll delete it.

At the moment I have custody of the bulk of the ERF factory photo archive via the ‘archivist’, but there isn’t a great deal of NGC material. As most photos were issued to the press, published in brochures or in ERF’s ‘Chassis’ magazine, I’m sure you chaps have already seen them all anyway!.

Hello ERF, Dont worry about duplicating stuff chap ! Sometimes someone else sees something that they
may not have seen the first time it was posted and it may then mean someone contributes to the thread
with new material.

Please post any photos you have as we may not have seen them ! :wink:

Out of thousands of works ERF photos, I have so far found just 9 that feature the NGC.

I’ll do a deal with you Dean - you find the magazine with my Foden S10 in it, and I’ll scan and post all the works ERF pics!.
Here is my side of the bargain… :laughing:

All of these have been seen before, I’m sure.
Let me know which photos you chaps want to keep on here (if any), I’ll then delete the rest…

ERF:

Love this picture, the way they managed to get the lettres ERF reflected in the water :bulb:

bald:

ERF:

Love this picture, the way they managed to get the lettres ERF reflected in the water :bulb:

I agree and herewith another one in color and from a slightly different angle.

ERF-7MW-B-6.JPG

bald:

ERF:

Here here! I’ve always like that sneaky detail too! Robert

ERF:
Out of thousands of works ERF photos, I have so far found just 9 that feature the NGC.

I’ll do a deal with you Dean - you find the magazine with my Foden S10 in it, and I’ll scan and post all the works ERF pics!.

Let me know which photos you chaps want to keep on here (if any), I’ll then delete the rest…

No need to delete, ERF, as lots of folk don’t bother to wade through all the preceeding pages (!). Many thanks for posting these. The only one I haven’t seen before is the picture of Peter Foden standing next to the NGC. However, most of the others are much clearer, better-definition pics than the ones we’ve seen hitherto. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

ERF:

No need to delete, ERF, as lots of folk don’t bother to wade through all the preceeding pages (!). Many thanks for posting these. The only one I haven’t seen before is the picture of Peter Foden standing next to the NGC. However, most of the others are much clearer, better-definition pics than the ones we’ve seen hitherto. Robert

Yes. I’ve forgotten most of the things I’ve said on TNUK so, when someone else repeats it, I consider that a memory aid! Repetition, deviation and whatever the other thing was are all encouraged here!

DEANB:

Robert the article for book 3 was from Road Way Magazine February 1973. :smiley:

Looks like Greer were still trading in 1980,as this snippet was from April 12th 1980.

Thank you! Yes, I’ve processed it. Actually, it won’t do any harm to pop it on here too. You did well to find anything on the Greer front - the only thing I found was a tantalising half-reference on the Wishart thread! Robert