ERF 'European' (1975)

ERF-NGC-European:
Here’s a picture of several Vijore group lorries in a layby. The rear one is KFH 249P, piloted by Chris Till whom I had the pleasure to meet once again at Gaydon over the weekend, along with Steve Little. Robert

Bit difficult to see whos who in that pic Robert,but looks like the fridge could be Richard Read as per
the black and white pic you posted a while back.

A new pic of Cauvas ERF sent to me today,which i think is a new one ?

Do you know what the “D” stands for Robert ■■? maybe something to do with heavy haulage ■■?

DEANB:

ERF-NGC-European:
Here’s a picture of several Vijore group lorries in a layby. The rear one is KFH 249P, piloted by Chris Till whom I had the pleasure to meet once again at Gaydon over the weekend, along with Steve Little. Robert

Bit difficult to see whos who in that pic Robert,but looks like the fridge could be Richard Read as per
the black and white pic you posted a while back.

Yes, I believe it is. Robert

DEANB:
A new pic of Cauvas ERF sent to me today,which i think is a new one ?

Do you know what the “D” stands for Robert ■■? maybe something to do with heavy haulage ■■?

No Dean, I’ve no idea what the ‘D’ stands for, but I’ll bet it does have something to do with heavy haulage so perhaps Patrick can help us with that one! Robert :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:
Still no further evidence to back up the Wagner Jumet Gosseliers unit (no.80 on the reg). Any news on that one lads? Robert

Just a remark…the value of the proposed and supposed NGC’s is equal to the ones you/we don’t know already about.

On this occasion…it is so OBVIOUS that the Cauvas-three-axle has NO Volvo-axles and I regret that John Goodreid is no longer with us to confirm…so leave that doubt and discussion finally.

My sincere compliments on the input/posts given since long, the plot thickens?

ERF-Continental:

ERF-NGC-European:
Still no further evidence to back up the Wagner Jumet Gosseliers unit (no.80 on the reg). Any news on that one lads? Robert

Just a remark…the value of the proposed and supposed NGC’s is equal to the ones you/we don’t know already about.

On this occasion…it is so OBVIOUS that the Cauvas-three-axle has NO Volvo-axles and I regret that John Goodreid is no longer with us to confirm…so leave that doubt and discussion finally.

Out of intrest,did you used to drive truck’s ERF-Continental ■■?

ERF-Continental:

ERF-NGC-European:

For the purposes of our quest for the 91 NGCs it is merely academic whether or not the Cauvas cab ended up with a Volvo rear-end or ended up atop an ERF MCC 852: the fact is that only one 4x2 NGC unit appears to be involved and we have a registration number (8264RW95) and a photo to prove it.

It was you who suggested that Cauvas had two units with 7MW cabs and my mind remains open to that suggestion, even if there’s no evidence yet. If, in addition, Cauvas acquired the Hye MCC 852 and re-cabbed it with a 7MW, there is a possibility that the cab came from 7601RR91 (the white unit with orange bits, pictured below). It has been reported to me that the same French contributor who suggested the Volvo bogie identified that this picture was taken on the premises of Cauvas in Bonneuil en France where it apparently stood for some time to be used for spare parts. Therefore it is possible that the pictured NGC was the doner for the MCC’s new cab.

Robert

Nice pic of KCH posted by ‘Rastone’ on the Gravel Run thread :wink: . It looks to me as if those front tyres are new ones and 12.00 x 20s at that; which is what NGCs were born with. See how proud she stands! Robert

IMGP0254.JPG

Sorry, double post.

■■■■■■■ ERF

One of these would look rather tasteful in two-tone grey, methinks… Robert

I have pointed out more than once on these threads that some of the ace truck modellers who come on here should be regarded more as craftsmen and artists than just modellers. Ashley Coghill certainly comes into that category. So imagine my delight when Ashley expressed a desire to take on a 1:24 scale ERF NGC European for me as his next project!

He has used a Scammell Crusader kit as the essential starting place and is crafting everything else himself. The finished product will be an Eric Vick NGC. An awful lot of background checking and researching goes into this work so I am assisting where ever possible with info. Over the next few weeks I will provide some pics and insights as to the progress. Here are some starters - all pictures are by Ashley himself. Robert

Interior beginning to take shape, complete with Fuller RT9095! Robert

Some components are really fiddly and need a weekend’s work! robert

Battery box.

Getting really exciting now, as the breather pipes are installed! Robert

Nice job Ashley ! I see he is working off Paul Gee’s pics ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I reckon that’s going to cost you a few beer’s Robert ! :wink:

DEANB:
Nice job Ashley ! I see he is working off Paul Gee’s pics ! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I reckon that’s going to cost you a few beer’s Robert ! :wink:

I’ve known Ashley a long time, Dean. Yes, you’re right about Paul’s pics; they were very useful indeed, as of course were Chris Till’s.

Robert