ERF EC11 specification stuff

Can anyone out there give me a clue as to how much an ERF EC11 6x2 unit weighs? I’m after the weight of a normal low roof unit, but also if possible an idea as to how much lighter the ones with the lightweight middle axle are, and how much heavier they are if you have the Olympic cab.

I can’t find anything on them online, nor are there any old spec catalogues on ebay at the moment that I can find.

TIA,
Paul

Try contacting the Register of ERF Vehicles Society.

Their website is: erfhistoricvehicles.co.uk/index.htm

Can you wait until monday? I’ll weigh ours when i get to work, if that’s any use to you.

Kate:
Can you wait until monday? I’ll weigh ours when i get to work, if that’s any use to you.

I’m in no rush at all so that would be great if it’s not too much trouble, thanks Kate. That way I actually get a real true weight and not something that the person who wrote the brochure pulled out of their bottom to try and sell the trucks.

Paul

Can we have a guess the weight competition?
I say 7300kg. for the standart height with normal axle.

Tony b

tonyb:
Can we have a guess the weight competition?
I say 7300kg. for the standart height with normal axle.

I would be surprised if they’re that light. I’ll say 7500kg.

Paul

I’ll guess 7400kgs for a std height std wheel with steel wheels.

I know I used to get about 31500kgs on my old one at Turners, but that had the little mid axle, ally wheels, but did carry an onboard blower. I think the tanks were about 7 tons so that would make the unit about 6500kgs.

Henrys cat:

I know I used to get about 31500kgs on my old one at Turners, but that had the little mid axle, ally wheels, but did carry an onboard blower. I think the tanks were about 7 tons so that would make the unit about 6500kgs.

Or you were running at 45 tons!!

I reckon 7100 kg. :confused:

ezydriver:

Henrys cat:

Or you were running at 45 tons!!

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Maths not very good, must have been 30500 payload then cos the tare was about 13500, but we never weighed them seperatly.

I just checked ours (they’re all set up on a spreadsheet), but they vary quite a bit. The lightest we had was 7560, heaviest was 7980. One of our subcontractors has one at 7350, but i suspect it’s a daycab.
We don’t actually operate them any more, so I can’t pull one over the bridge for you, sorry.

ERF EC11 6X2 midlift, steel wheels, standard height sleeper cab, with 200lts fuel = 7600kg.
As weighed today, as promised.

Hope it helps.

Kate:
ERF EC11 6X2 midlift, steel wheels, standard height sleeper cab, with 200lts fuel = 7600kg.
As weighed today, as promised.

That’s great, thanks Kate, it gives me something to work with.

Paul

:wink: Did you see this Paul might be of interest :smiley:

malcolmharrison.co.uk/auctio … cfm?ID=970

montana man:
:wink: Did you see this Paul might be of interest :smiley:

malcolmharrison.co.uk/auctio … cfm?ID=970

Yeah, saw it advertised in Commercial Motor and (strangely) it was also in the classifieds in the Farmer’s Guardian. It would certainly be worth a look if I was in the market to buy one at the moment. Specificallty, T836JCA, T837JCA and T838JCA look to be just what I’m after - 6x2 standard sleeper cab EC11 units and with alloy wheels as a bonus (as that’s about a 150Kg weight saving afaik).

Paul