ERF EC side locker

Is there a way of getting into the side locker?
The cable has broken off from the far end,
I know a lot of trucks have access from under the bunk, but the EC has a all those wires & stuff, like a plate of Spaghetti

An angle grinder, with a new cutting disc. Perfect.
Just whats needed here. :smiley:

I’ll open one tomorrow and see if there’s an easy option !

rocketsquadron:
An angle grinder, with a new cutting disc. Perfect.
Just whats needed here. :smiley:

I am ahead of you here, nearly got the crowbar out,
Anyway, don’t need an angle grinder, Cab is plastic, new blade in the stanley knife would probably do it!

Dan Punchard:
I’ll open one tomorrow and see if there’s an easy option !

I am disappointed with you Dan, I thought you of all people would know already !!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

… Try phoning Sun Works, Sandbach, Cheshire… Unless a housing development’s taken over the site !!!.. :neutral_face:

simon1958:
… Try phoning Sun Works, Sandbach, Cheshire… Unless a housing development’s taken over the site !!!.. :neutral_face:

I tried but the phone just rung out
I’ll pop round there later, does it still look like this

ERF SERVICE SIGN 1974 cr.jpg

Drivers Side

Remove the plastic piece that the cable handle sits in, then if you look through the hole you will see 2 plastic plugs in bottom of locker near the centre of the door.
Squeeze your hand and arm through and prise these plugs out… Under there is 2 bolts with torx heads, Poss T25 but not sure, remove these bolts and open door with locking mechanism attatched.

I had to enlarge the hole to get my arm through with a stanley knife, I left it so the plastic piece still covers it when refitted
If you look at the other side, you will get an idea of how it all fits and tork/socket size. Passenger side is accessible under bunk if that cable snaps

Its a cr@p design

Good luck

Steve

SteveWalsh:
Drivers Side

Remove the plastic piece that the cable handle sits in, then if you look through the hole you will see 2 plastic plugs in bottom of locker near the centre of the door.
Squeeze your hand and arm through and prise these plugs out… Under there is 2 bolts with torx heads, Poss T25 but not sure, remove these bolts and open door with locking mechanism attatched.

I had to enlarge the hole to get my arm through with a stanley knife, I left it so the plastic piece still covers it when refitted
If you look at the other side, you will get an idea of how it all fits and tork/socket size. Passenger side is accessible under bunk if that cable snaps

Its a cr@p design

Good luck

Steve

Steve, I think you are referring to the MAN version,
I have a Sandbach Built EC, they only have these lockers on the nearside & they open sideways (hinge nearest the door)

Yes I am

I have done it on a MAN and a ERF ECT, Both same body shell

We have a older ERF version parked in the yard, when I get to work tomorrow eve I will have a look and see if I can figure out how it works, I wont have internet for about a week while I am away, but If I can sus it out I will post it on here

Good luck

Steve

SteveWalsh:
Yes I am

I have done it on a MAN and a ERF ECT, Both same body shell

We have a older ERF version parked in the yard, when I get to work tomorrow eve I will have a look and see if I can figure out how it works, I wont have internet for about a week while I am away, but If I can sus it out I will post it on here

Good luck

Steve

Thanks Steve, appreciate the reply :smiley: :smiley:

image.jpgsmall grinder ,micro cutting disc through the 2 retaining bolts at the top and bottom access from back of cab ,might be easier to remove the back of cab panel as there’s not many bolts in them .

Edit above ,I’ll measure tomorrow how far up and in you would need to drill a small hole from behind to activate the catch with a screw driver .but you would have to remove the rear panel.infact going from the above picture just guess it and drill between the bolts to the inside of them .or melt a hole through with a hot bent welding rod thus save removing rear panel !!

Dan Punchard:
Edit above ,I’ll measure tomorrow how far up and in you would need to drill a small hole from behind to activate the catch with a screw driver .but you would have to remove the rear panel.infact going from the above picture just guess it and drill between the bolts to the inside of them .or melt a hole through with a hot bent welding rod thus save removing rear panel !!

Who else would have thought of that? - You are Clearly wasted on here Dan, You should be working for NASA !! - Many thanks for your efforts

Has it worked though ■■?

Dan Punchard:
Has it worked though ■■?

Haven’t tried it yet - nowhere near the truck for a few days - will keep you posted !!