ERF E18

I was just wondering what an E18 erf is? I went to the kelsall steam fair at the weekend, in which there is an erf show as well, and see the truck badged as the e18, and didt see any one to ask what it was. I was thinking may be a big CAT engine, a one off special, or prototype. I spoke some erf fans today and theyve drawn a blank. Any idea`s? Thanks.

pig pen:
I was just wondering what an E18 erf is? I went to the kelsall steam fair at the weekend, in which there is an erf show as well, and see the truck badged as the e18, and didt see any one to ask what it was. I was thinking may be a big CAT engine, a one off special, or prototype. I spoke some erf fans today and theyve drawn a blank. Any idea`s? Thanks.

Hiya…or was it someone having a laugh…in my book it was two badges stuck together…i saw it with a pal and we agreed
it was for a joke.there was certainly some good tackle at the show…if you did’nt go you missed a special day out
there was 193or4 ERF’s and 200 of other makes…30 steamers and about 15 minature’s.there was about 25 modern trucks
with the usual polished cabs tyres and anything that did’nt move real. dedication those lads and there lasses penciling in the tyre markings.
John

I though it might be some thing like that, but it had a personalised number plate with the e18 in it aswell, perhaps a home made special :confused: . I was`nt a bad show though reasonable priced entry as well compaired to others.

pig pen:
I though it might be some thing like that, but it had a personalised number plate with the e18 in it aswell, perhaps a home made special :confused: . I was`nt a bad show though reasonable priced entry as well compaired to others.

the only big cat put in erf was in ec range it was a ec15 with 550 bhp in 98 99 s t reg very rear motor a lad in nottingham as one on scrap the only one ive seen its a s reg nowt can cacth it are u sure it want the e16 with the 320 gardner

I remember the ERF with the C15 CAT, there is also a C18 CAT, but I very much doubt anybody put one of them in an ERF, it’s not a very common engine in the USA, I think it’s primarily used in a dozer or static generator application.

The E18 badge is likely to be tongue in cheek, especially if the reg no is E18 ERF :wink:

pig pen:

Was it red and blue? I am not sure but think it belongs to a guy from Somerset area.

Newmercman, thats the one with the reg you talk of!

Pig Pen, just checked on the DVLA website and the ERF with the reg E18ERF is down with them as only having an 8 liter in it, and registered new in April '89.

Well thats sorted then! There`s me thinking it might of been some 600 horse plastic monster :blush:

Hiya …that ERF was maybe a knock at Kevin Smith…he has the green E10 ERF with his private plate
E10ERF. …In the lorry book it made out that Kevin put the plate on for show but is infact the correct number.
so the guy with E18 must have made the badge fit the number plate
John

This is the best picture of the only one badged E18 I think I have ever seen…

fensvintage.co.uk/shows/belv … omcl38.jpg

Still can’t find out anymore about it though.

ERFMarc:
This is the best picture of the only one badged E18 I think I have ever seen…

fensvintage.co.uk/shows/belv … omcl38.jpg

Still can’t find out anymore about it though.

It’s an E16 (really, it’s an E15.5…)

It’s got a 6LYT 350 in it.

Thanks I thought that may have been an E16, it’s still racking my brains as to where I think I saw this E18 as it didn’t have the matching personalised reg plate. It will bug me now until I remember or ask someone with superior knowledge at this weekends rally.