ERF 'clearing house' thread!

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

gazsa401:

ERF-NGC-European:
A rare UK-registered MV-cabbed ERF. Most of them went for export. Robert

I’m sure J B McBean from Mid Calder Midlothian ran a pair of Gardner 240 powered MV cabbed ERFs

A 6MW with a 240 badge on it here:
public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckph … it-as.html

That’s a 5MW cab :wink: . Robert

Thanks Robert [emoji1303]

This C-series (with an E-series radiator grille) has an interesting crew cab! Imagine adapting that for long-haul sleeper cab use. Mind you, I reckon those side skirts would need to come off if it was going cross any railway lines in Romania! Robert

Another MV-cabbed ERF in NZ. Robert

They’re having a clear-out at Rebagliato Dolores and another one has just emerged from the undergrowth. She is (or was), according to the badge, an E14, left-■■■■■■, no registration on it so I can’t say where she is from, but I would imagine she was local to the Alicante area somewhere.
Been stood here some time by the look of it; Engine, gearbox and all the chassis ancilliaries have gone, together with all of the interior, which is not surprising given the lack of spares support out here today. Oddly enough, both axles, complete with brake drums, actuators and bearings are still there.

Rest in peace, old girl!

Steve

PS Have you ever tried explaining to a Spanish scrapyard proprietor, who doesn’t speak a word of English that ‘no, I don’t want to buy anything, I just want to wander round your yard and take photographs’?
It’s no wonder they call me ‘el loco Inglese’ around here!!

Ste46:
They’re having a clear-out at Rebagliato Dolores and another one has just emerged from the undergrowth. She is (or was), according to the badge, an E14, left-■■■■■■, no registration on it so I can’t say where she is from, but I would imagine she was local to the Alicante area somewhere.
Been stood here some time by the look of it; Engine, gearbox and all the chassis ancilliaries have gone, together with all of the interior, which is not surprising given the lack of spares support out here today. Oddly enough, both axles, complete with brake drums, actuators and bearings are still there.

Rest in peace, old girl!

Steve

PS Have you ever tried explaining to a Spanish scrapyard proprietor, who doesn’t speak a word of English that ‘no, I don’t want to buy anything, I just want to wander round your yard and take photographs’?
It’s no wonder they call me ‘el loco Inglese’ around here!!

Thanks for sharing that with us Steve! I’ll pop it on the LHD ERF E-series thread and acknowledge your contribution there :sunglasses: . Cheers, Robert

Found this morning on a French forum. Looks beautiful!

Here’s an unusual export model.

moomooland:
0Here’s an unusual export model.

Unusual destination too! I believe it was a 6x6 sand tractor. There are various other pics of it (or them) knocking around on the forum. Cheers, Robert

Just found these Robert on social media
Cheers Gary

moomooland:

the blue erf with dustin lorry style cab belonged to boliden previous mckechnie metals of aldridge it was used on site to load there demountable bodies .

gazsa401:

Cheers Gary

Thank goodness I wasn’t expected to drive one with that colour scheme. Reminds me of my days on the farm clearing up calf diarrhea!

Popped over to the East coast to see my parents and found this photo of my Dad taken some years ago

gazsa401:
Cheers Gary

That was from ERF’s in-house magazine, ‘Chassis’ in 1973 - one of the last issues, I believe. The complete piece can be viewed on the ERF ‘European’ (1975) thread :wink: . Robert

Retired Old ■■■■:
Cheers Gary

Thank goodness I wasn’t expected to drive one with that colour scheme. Reminds me of my days on the farm clearing up calf diarrhea!
[/quote]
The wagon itself was probably one of the best British long-haulers you could get in its day, never mind the colours! :wink: Robert

Retired Old ■■■■:

gazsa401:

Cheers Gary

An alternative colour scheme was this:

[zb]
anorak:

Isn’t that a Scania? Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

Yes. To get the alternative interior, you would need a complete alternative vehicle. The photo came from the LB140 catalogue, so it was the direct alternative to the NGC420.

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

Yes. To get the alternative interior, you would need a complete alternative vehicle. The photo came from the LB140 catalogue, so it was the direct alternative to the NGC420.

Point taken. I rather like that warm, dark red. Nonetheless the ERF green wouldn’t have fazed me an aota! Robert :smiley:

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

ERF-NGC-European:

[zb]
anorak:

Point taken. I rather like that warm, dark red. Nonetheless the ERF green wouldn’t have fazed me an aota! Robert :smiley:

Maybe the unusual colours employed by ERF were intended to hint at its exotic destinations? Olive green with mango orange is not exactly redolent of a Sandbach morning in February.

The Scania photography is far superior- while ERF shows its product in all its honest glory, the low lighting the Swedes employ makes the vehicle look luxurious. OK, the Scania has more upholstery, is a bit more stylish and the seats have plush fabric on them, but some of the credit is due the photographer.

I think I would have invested a couple of quid in some seat covers!