ERF 'clearing house' thread!

Couple more.
Oily

ERF kenjonbro 8443719578_4836839a9f kjb  _o.jpg

Here’s something I’ve often wondered about. There seem to be more of those hi-roof ERF C-series than I had thought. I wonder who made the roofs. Were they done specially at ERF or did someone like Hatchers or Esteppe make them? Robert

16erf001.jpg
ierfge.jpeg.jpg
JLC00229-14.jpg
eserieshighcab.jpg

They’re just wind deflectors, aren’t they?

[zb]
anorak:
They’re just wind deflectors, aren’t they?

Oh. Bugger. Yes, I see what you mean :unamused: :blush: . Never mind, it’ll soon be time for my Complan/Horlicks/Ovaltine/Oromorph :open_mouth: /night-cap. :laughing: :laughing: Robert

Can’t remember whether I’ve posted this before or not so posted it just in case. Thanks for your comment Robert, I have many magazines etc in the loft, I always post anything I can find, even if I have no history with it always the chance it will jog a memory, every photo has a meaning to somebody. Chris

adr:
Can’t remember whether I’ve posted this before or not so posted it just in case. Thanks for your comment Robert, I have many magazines etc in the loft, I always post anything I can find, even if I have no history with it always the chance it will jog a memory, every photo has a meaning to somebody. Chris

This particular unit is actually an A-series with a steel 5MW sleeper cab - quite a few A-series were thus equipped. As far as I know it is still on the preservation circuit. It has a 14-litre ■■■■■■■ 250, 9-sp Fuller and Jake-brake. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

adr:

This particular unit is actually an A-series with a steel 5MW sleeper cab - quite a few A-series were thus equipped. As far as I know it is still on the preservation circuit. It has a 14-litre ■■■■■■■ 250, 9-sp Fuller and Jake-brake. Robert

When/why was this change of cab done Robert? Was it after accident damage or a shortage of A-series cabs at the factory? I took this pic quite a few years ago at Rugby Truckstop on the A5 when the Classic Show was held there, not seen this Wagon for a while now, unless I have just missed it in the crowd :confused: Chris

adr:

ERF-NGC-European:

adr:

When/why was this change of cab done Robert? Was it after accident damage or a shortage of A-series cabs at the factory? I took this pic quite a few years ago at Rugby Truckstop on the A5 when the Classic Show was held there, not seen this Wagon for a while now, unless I have just missed it in the crowd :confused: Chris

It had that cab from birth, Chris. It was the only way to get a reasonable sleeper-cabbed A-series; although some LV-cabs were converted to sleepers by, I think, Jennings - not many though. Robert

Given the choice I know which one I’d have gone for :confused: I don’t class a padded shelf welded onto the back of a cab as a sleeper :open_mouth: :unamused: as fitted to quite a few Atki Borderers/ERFs etc. I’d rather have kept my bench seat in my old Dodge Commando :wink: :laughing: Chris

Pic for you Robert. Chris

adr:
Pic for you Robert. Chris

Cheers Chris! For info on this unit and the others supplied to Delcon, go to the LHD ERF 5MW thread :wink: :wink: Cheers! Robert

PS ^^^^^

The code MMG can’t be correct. The first M = MW steel cab and the last letter G = Gardner. The second letter can’t be an M. Cheers! Robert

A rare UK-registered MV-cabbed ERF. Most of them went for export. Robert

My old pal Gordon Howarth with his E14 in Staveley Chemicals. I had one similar for the same company in 1994 - D801 PHD - it was 8 years old when I got it and was one of the best wagons I ever drove,320 ■■■■■■■ and Twin-Splitter.Great tool. :sunglasses:

bloomer14.jpg

ERF-NGC-European:

I’m sure J B McBean from Mid Calder Midlothian ran a pair of Gardner 240 powered MV cabbed ERFs

gazsa401:

ERF-NGC-European:

I’m sure J B McBean from Mid Calder Midlothian ran a pair of Gardner 240 powered MV cabbed ERFs

A 6MW with a 240 badge on it here:
public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckph … it-as.html

Chris Webb:
My old pal Gordon Howarth with his E14 in Staveley Chemicals. I had one similar for the same company in 1994 - D801 PHD - it was 8 years old when I got it and was one of the best wagons I ever drove,320 ■■■■■■■ and Twin-Splitter.Great tool. :sunglasses:

What was the slogan on it Chris ? I’ve got a new unused one of those Erf supertrucks window sun strips

[zb]
anorak:

gazsa401:

ERF-NGC-European:

A 6MW with a 240 badge on it here:
public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckph … it-as.html

That’s a 5MW cab :wink: .

Here’s another pic of it. Robert

Truck-Photos-ERF-Continental-JBMcBean.jpg

double post :blush: