ERF 'clearing house' thread!

I put this on FB and a reply from the driver… brilliant.
my old b series . The box at the back was a sleeping pod fitted with a single bed and a calor gas heater. The box was removable via the Moffett fork lift that was also regularly carried.

Btn Len Rogers 5599603126_87fe9f9076_o.jpg

Your take on this one Robert :bulb:
Oily

oiltreader:
Your take on this one Robert :bulb:
Oily

I believe that was a bit of a one-off special. It’s a New Zealand lorry with a 5MW cab. There’s more info about it on the RHD ERF 5MW thread :wink: . Cheers, Robert

EC in action with what looks to be a Wilcox body :sunglasses:

Some pages of a March 2004 folder, probably one of the last issued documentation on MAN with ERF exposed?

ERF had an assembly plant in Zimbabwe. Hubert Davies in Bulawayo. It made trucks for the African market. Most were bought by the United Group fir their Zimbabwe business. Some went to the Unitrans Malawi, Zambia and Botswana operations.

This ERF E10 with a Liverpool plate was parked in Balthane Industrial Estate Ballasalla Isle of Man a few years ago. I tried to find out more about it but drew a blank.It has two fuel tanks.

iom77.jpg

iom76.jpg

iom75.jpg

On Facebook today

BB56B02A-5956-480A-B380-1B1ACB78FA45.jpeg

Kenb:
On Facebook today

An ERF with a 4MW cab followed by one with a 6MW cab. The 6MW was operated by Leicester Heavy Haulage, in whose colours I believe it is now preserved. Robert

Anyone know much about N165EFM the 600 hp demonstrator ? It was a 4 by 2 ,but now with Colin Barrett as a 6 by 2 and presumably not a 600 he anymore?

Edit should I say prototype not demonstrator.

Did it have the Signature 600 ■■■■■■■ in it?

newmercman:
Did it have the Signature 600 ■■■■■■■ in it?

Yes ,I think we done it to death on another Erf thread but then I saw reg numbers .

ERF-Continental:
Just found on the net…new chassis for me but very impressive! Wonder what lump was installed

Only just seen this as I don’t normally peruse threads of ‘the enemy’ but did make an exception yesterday as it was Christmas! :laughing: Owned by ‘Nuclear Norman’ who is a member of our vintage group which I am secretary of, I was sitting next to him and his missus at our Christmas dinner recently. :wink:

Pete.

Punchy Dan:
Anyone know much about N165EFM the 600 hp demonstrator ? It was a 4 by 2 ,but now with Colin Barrett as a 6 by 2 and presumably not a 600 he anymore?

Edit should I say prototype not demonstrator.

Plenty of pics of a 6x2 with that plate:
google.com/search?rlz=1C1CH … LeZ5MYFiNM:

Are we sure it is the same vehicle?

There must be something in it with the reg numbers though ?

moomooland:

i remember that blue erf it was used in mckechnie metals aldridge internally for loading there demountable bodies with brass for there 6 wheelers.

I thought this may be of interest Stu Buxton gave me a copy a few years ago but never got the backstory to it, obviously spent some time over there but what was the truck ?

Stu Buxton SA.jpg

Sniffy:
I thought this may be of interest Stu Buxton gave me a copy a few years ago but never got the backstory to it, obviously spent some time over there but what was the truck ?

It appears to be one ERF built for South African Railways. See page 7 of this thread! R

I found this picture on Facebook quite a late registered Gardner powered ERF E series

Aussie ERF move it if it’s on the wrong thread