Erf c class good or bad?

Hi all just wondering what people think of the old ERF C class as i have got the chance of 2 of them at the moment both needing to be restored one is an old fair ground lorry and its an 8 wheeled daycab with a luton style boxbody and the other is a 4x2 sleeper cabed unit both compleat but not shore if i should bother or not? the 8 wheeler is only £800 but still talking about the price on the unit!
what do you think worth a go or should i pass and waight for an old DAF like im realy after? :confused:
pluse has anyone got any good pics of the C class just to see what they can look like when restored the right way?
and has any one got any good pics of the inside of a sleeper cab and or day cab please? as i have no real idea what they should look like inside lol :laughing: :blush:
thanks
Darren

I can’t really tell You much about a C series ERF but if Your wanting a DAF get one of them.

The last ERF I ‘had’ was a 6 wheeler flatbed rigid registration F263 ORY - great motor in its time

fly sheet:
I can’t really tell You much about a C series ERF but if Your wanting a DAF get one of them.

only probolem is the DAF i am looking for is an old 2800 or 3300 and there’s not many left in the uk any more and the ERF’s are there in frount of me calling my name sort of thing lol so i cant make my mind up. Been dreaming of owning a DAF for the last 25 or so years ever since i was 5 lol

The C series always had more room in than the newer E series, and were usually double bunks.

2012-06-07%2011_33_08.jpg

theroadrunner:
Hi all just wondering what people think of the old ERF C class as i have got the chance of 2 of them at the moment both needing to be restored one is an old fair ground lorry and its an 8 wheeled daycab with a luton style boxbody and the other is a 4x2 sleeper cabed unit both compleat but not shore if i should bother or not? the 8 wheeler is only £800 but still talking about the price on the unit!
what do you think worth a go or should i pass and waight for an old DAF like im realy after? :confused:
pluse has anyone got any good pics of the C class just to see what they can look like when restored the right way?
and has any one got any good pics of the inside of a sleeper cab and or day cab please? as i have no real idea what they should look like inside lol :laughing: :blush:
thanks
Darren

Think of the C ?
Should have come out of the breakers, I mean factory, with a warning that these animals are likely to be harmful to drivers health. :wink:

gunnerheskey:
The C series always had more room in than the newer E series, and were usually double bunks.

Thats a B Series Chap…

theroadrunner:

fly sheet:

only probolem is the DAF i am looking for is an old 2800 or 3300 and there’s not many left in the uk any more and the ERF’s are there in frount of me calling my name sort of thing lol so i cant make my mind up. Been dreaming of owning a DAF for the last 25 or so years ever since i was 5 lol

Try that Mascus or trucksnl Chap you’ll be better looking in Holland…

fly sheet:

theroadrunner:

fly sheet:

been looking the only probolem with then in holland is the cost thats realy why iv been looking for a restor project

fly sheet:

gunnerheskey:

Thats a B Series Chap…

Same cab, different grill :grimacing:

theroadrunner:

fly sheet:

theroadrunner:

fly sheet:

been looking the only probolem with then in holland is the cost thats realy why iv been looking for a restor project

Probably gone by now but there was a 3600 space cab in a garage at Malliat(F).
Left it there in the early 90s :cry:

i tramped with a c series for 4 years , and it was a really good motor. they’re mechanically fairly simple , body work doesn’t rust away,
I’d have another one tomorrow, but maybe not with an L10/250, 14 litre ■■■■■■■ and a twin splitter more like.
But it looks like you’re really into DAF’s, so dont go and buy something that you’re not really into,stick with it and find a good 2800, they were the best DAF of the lot.

roadrunner stick it out for a 2800 or you will be sorry nothing wrong with erf lovely machines but its not the one you want take longer save more i know wat im talking about 1 saved for years for my 141 wanted one since van driver it hard work but youll get there all the very besr rowland

I had a c-series (B703 XKP) from new for a couple of years. Not the most comfortable truck in the world but overall reliable. Only let me down a couple of times and that was more to do with the bosses idea of winter prep!
Went all over Europe in her no problem.

Trucks005.jpg