ERF beautys

Hi Anorak! Herewith, true to my word, pictorial evidence of the existence of the 6x6 ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ ERF tractor for Libya, exhibited at the 1963 motor show. Robert :slight_smile:

ERF for Libya at the 1963 MotorShow.jpg

robert1952:
Hi Anorak! Herewith, true to my word, pictorial evidence of the existence of the 6x6 ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ ERF tractor for Libya, exhibited at the 1963 motor show. Robert :slight_smile:

Good research. I bet they did not make many of those.

[zb]
anorak:

robert1952:

Good research. I bet they did not make many of those.

Probably a one-off! Robert :slight_smile:

Derf:

TROOPER 8011:

robert1952:
I noticed this picture for sale on ebay. The coach is clearly a Bristol, apparently ex-Royal Blue. But it has ERF on the front. Does anyone know what this is all about? Was it a ‘works’ bus? 3300John, do you know the answer? Robert :question:

Ex Western National Omnibus Co Bristol MW6G with Eastern Coachworks bodywork.
It was bought by ERF (late '70s ?) as transport for the ERF Works Band.

Didn’t ERF build bus chassis for the South African market at some point?

A bus/coach ERF chassis was produced (mainly for the African market). I understand that it was called a ‘Trailblazer’.

This one was new, in late 1995, to a coach firm in Malta.
It is registered Y-2533 (reg since changed by introduction of new Maltese registration numbering).
Whilst it has ‘Trailblazer’ lettering at the top of the windscreen, it has an E10 badge on the front lower o/s. In an early
Maltese buses fleetlist I have, it is shown as one of two ERF E10s. There are also two other ERFs listed as ERF Trailblazers.

squires of bloxwich

and another

one of the 1st e series

TROOPER 8011:

Derf:

TROOPER 8011:

robert1952:
I noticed this picture for sale on ebay. The coach is clearly a Bristol, apparently ex-Royal Blue. But it has ERF on the front. Does anyone know what this is all about? Was it a ‘works’ bus? 3300John, do you know the answer? Robert :question:

Ex Western National Omnibus Co Bristol MW6G with Eastern Coachworks bodywork.
It was bought by ERF (late '70s ?) as transport for the ERF Works Band.

Didn’t ERF build bus chassis for the South African market at some point?

A bus/coach ERF chassis was produced (mainly for the African market). I understand that it was called a ‘Trailblazer’.

0 This one was new, in late 1995, to a coach firm in Malta.
It is registered Y-2533 (reg since changed by introduction of new Maltese registration numbering).
Whilst it has ‘Trailblazer’ lettering at the top of the windscreen, it has an E10 badge on the front lower o/s. In an early
Maltese buses fleetlist I have, it is shown as one of two ERF E10s. There are also two other ERFs listed as ERF Trailblazers.

The Trailblazer coach, and coaches with other names too, were all built in the ERF plant in South Africa until the demise of ERF. Robert

Here is a warning to ERF fans (don’t worry, those new-fangled foreign things’ll never catch on!). Robert :smiley:

scn.jpg

Dan Punchard:

Very Smart !! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The mrs likes that shirt too.

Dan Punchard:
The mrs likes that shirt too.

mine would have me paint the truck to match the shirt :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Real tidy that is Dan just goes to show you don’t need a multitude of lights,chrome,etc. to make a motor look the part. Eddie.

This should getya juices flowing Guesty! just your era eh!! Ps If Harry Gill doesn’t get there first.
Regards Kevmac47.

B-series on heavy haulage. Robert

b series leicester.JPG

A few in Surrey today

1 more

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Drove this beauty to Gaydon this morning