ERF agents Europe?

Iam taking a load to Holland next week and thought seeing as I don’t need to rush back I’d seek out any old Erf agents that once were in the hope of finding any new old stock parts ,anyone know of any in Belgium or Holland ? I know it’s a slim chance ,thanks Dan .

I regret to tell you that we (my father was very much involved with ERF together
with his two brothers) sold and scrapped quite some components and parts lately.

Not to offend you but we had window-shields, even many old/new cabs, many twin
drive axles, ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■ engines and gearboxes, a large quantity of manuals
and sales-brochures since 1970, I again trully regret to disappoint you to visit us.

Hope you will have a wonderful stay on the continent though. Merry Christmas.

Marianne / Turnhout

I can only refer the OP to the ERF Europe thread (link below), but I doubt if there’s much out there. Robert

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=124784

Macadam-woman:
I regret to tell you that we (my father was very much involved with ERF together
with his two brothers) sold and scrapped quite some components and parts lately.

and sales-brochures since 1970, I again trully regret to disappoint you to visit us.

Marianne / Turnhout

Welcome to this forum, Marianne! I have sent you a PM (Private Message) regarding manuals. Robert

robert1952:

Macadam-woman:

Marianne / Turnhout

Welcome to this forum, Marianne! I have sent you a PM (Private Message) regarding manuals. Robert

Me too .

Thank you gents for your reply! From a family-business, working with steel and grp to extend normal cabs into crew-cabs (fire tenders for gemco) and later also high cabs (topsleepers for reltrac/de rooy) we ended business when it was sold to Indupol, known for spoilers and panels
for DAF 2800 and Bova Futura busses. Not much is left nowadays, perhaps some in our family
have pictures, documents or whatever, but bear in mind it was more than 30 years ago. We
kept many parts and components for our own fleet.

Nowadays (myself by mariage) we are still in roadbuilding and construction (cranes, wreckers) from which we did scrap/sell components as a result of altering chassis. We now only have MAN in our fleet, existing of concrete-mixers, tippers, tardistributors and Komatsu equipment.

I will ask my eldest son to look more thoroughly but I strongly doubt we did archive the best documents somewhere, again sorry for that.

Now in Les Alpes for Christmas though with no snow at all and no roadbuilding for some days.

Marianne Huybrechts-Puyenbroeck

Note: my nephew worked at Van Steenbergen in the office but I know that they scrapped all of
their chassis and parts during their removal somewhere in 1980s

Thank you for replying ,an interesting history .

Macadam-woman:
Thank you gents for your reply! From a family-business, working with steel and grp to extend normal cabs into crew-cabs (fire tenders for gemco) and later also high cabs (topsleepers for reltrac/de rooy) we ended business when it was sold to Indupol, known for spoilers and panels
for DAF 2800 and Bova Futura busses. Not much is left nowadays, perhaps some in our family
have pictures, documents or whatever, but bear in mind it was more than 30 years ago. We
kept many parts and components for our own fleet.

Nowadays (myself by mariage) we are still in roadbuilding and construction (cranes, wreckers) from which we did scrap/sell components as a result of altering chassis. We now only have MAN in our fleet, existing of concrete-mixers, tippers, tardistributors and Komatsu equipment.

I will ask my eldest son to look more thoroughly but I strongly doubt we did archive the best documents somewhere, again sorry for that.

Now in Les Alpes for Christmas though with no snow at all and no roadbuilding for some days.

Marianne Huybrechts-Puyenbroeck

Note: my nephew worked at Van Steenbergen in the office but I know that they scrapped all of
their chassis and parts during their removal somewhere in 1980s

An interesting reply. As for Van Steenbergen, I have been in touch with them and they very kindly supplied me with useful material for my book. Merry Christmas! Robert

When my last employer finally packed up about 12 years ago I logged and itemised a lot of the spare ERF and Foden stuff and sent it off to the appropriate societies. It was all collected and presumably sold on within those establishments to members. When we had to quickly leave the previous garage in Matlock a lot of the stuff got ‘skipped’ including Rootes TS3 parts and Gardner heads etc as there was no time to sort them out. :cry:

Pete.

Merry Christmas to all! At monday all on a diet?

My son emailed me that he has found many specification sheets
on VAN HOOL trailers from1970-1980…a plate on LAG from
Bree with recent documents and some leaflets on ERF B-series.

Well, nothing spectacular but for the real collectioneur it will.

My parents and grand-parents did quite some bodies for removal
companies juts like Van Der Goten…we had an excursion some
time ago, brilliant coaches (horse drawn) and White/Studebaker

B series brochures sound interesting .

Macadam-woman:
Merry Christmas to all! At monday all on a diet?

My son emailed me that he has found many specification sheets
on VAN HOOL trailers from1970-1980…a plate on LAG from
Bree with recent documents and some leaflets on ERF B-series.

Well, nothing spectacular but for the real collectioneur it will.

My parents and grand-parents did quite some bodies for removal
companies juts like Van Der Goten…we had an excursion some
time ago, brilliant coaches (horse drawn) and White/Studebaker

Prettige kerstdagen! I bought an elderly Van Hool tilt trailer in 2003 and it was a high quality product (if a little heavy). Robert

There were hardly better Belgian trailers…than Van Hool’s…we did use Gheysen&Verpoort
as per heavy haulage of equipment for our own and other companies and they were the best!