ERF A, B & C series

Another of A E Gough of Llandrindod Wells,long time ERF users.

Sorry Dennis,a bit to modern.

Dave the Renegade:

Sorry Dennis,a bit to modern.

Spot on Dave! were you moving house that day? (Pickfords) !!! Dennis.

I will find you some older one’s among my 3,000 odd pics Dennis :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Starting with my favourite ERF when new in the depot Jan '76

Bewick:
Starting with my favourite ERF when new in the depot Jan '76

Same tractor a few years later,and many miles later on double shift,seen at the K.Fell depot after engine re-con and repaint to new livery.

dennis , how did you find the gardners as regards oil consumption / leakage . in 1979/80 the firm i drove for had 4 new fodens [180 gardner ] & 2 2nd hand gardner 240 units . they all seemed to get through a lot of oil & when the cabs were tilted there was oil all over . the fitters reckoned the last man on the patricroft production line fitted all the oil leaks . did you have any such problems ? cheers rigsby [dave]

oops sorry dennis, i besmirched your erf thread with the f**** word , i’ll go & do penance , dave

Bewick:
If Sed/Atk can have a thread so can ERF! This is a shot of two Bewick C38s in customer livery parked in the depot at Milnthorpe,they were the last two ERFs,but one,to join the Bewick fleet.

Tell-tale signs for the early C series are the rectangular fuel tanks and rounded rear sections to the front wheels wings, which are leftovers from the B series. Don’t remember seeing too many C38’s - the C36 & C40 were more common, then C32’s started around A reg (?).

Oldies but still around,not working of course.
J Barton of Bacup ERF 2.JPG
R W Walker of Tarvin ERF 1.JPG
ERF- B688MKA.JPG
JOHN

Daibootsy’s ex Harold Read moter,seen at this years Carmarthen Truck Show.

Dai pictured with his ERF.

Three A series,seen at Carmarthen.

Stanfield:
Oldies but still around,not working of course.210
JOHN

Hi John,how you keeping mate?..that Broadhurst ERF looks like it would make a great project to do up and take to the shows!..wish i knew where there was one like that local to me.

Al

Seen at Knighton,Radnorshire,still working as a shunter.

NUL 601Y

The driver worked for McCrae’s in Ormskirk and then moved over to Yorkshire to drive this. Eddie was a bloke from the old school of Heatons.

C W Griffiths had this B series new in 1975.

Seen here with a second hand A series which they purchased.

GCR2ERF:
Tell-tale signs for the early C series are the rectangular fuel tanks and rounded rear sections to the front wheels wings, which are leftovers from the B series. Don’t remember seeing too many C38’s - the C36 & C40 were more common, then C32’s started around A reg (?).

…And no heater intake grille under the screen, but that carried on to some Y’ reg trucks.

Barry Burton of Setch near Kings Lynn…

BPW204Y.jpg

Hello all
Here are a few my Grandad and dad drove
These were just two of many LV model ERFs that Bakers Transport ran(First one driven by my grandad)

This one driven by my dad

This is one of many A Series ERFs that Henry Smithers(P&O roadways) ran

These two B Series ERFs were the first to run out of Henry Smithers depot Southampton driven by my Grandad and dad

This is one of my favourite pics of a ERF CP38-320 model

Regards R-JACKO

Brand new B Series and tank, 250 ■■■■■■■■ yet to turn a wheel in anger.