Just out the paint shop
Still survives on the rally scene

Another ex Stirlands my mate has bought her and he’s going to restore her

Nice selection, Gazsa400 :sunglasses:

Another ex Stirlands “C” series still going strong

gazsa401:
This was new to Stirlands

In its original livery

This is a September 1973 shot of the first new ERF we bought at Bewick Transport it was a time when I couldn’t get my hands on a new Borderer so the next best thing was an ERF which Eden Commercials at Carlisle just happened to have in stock. ■■■■■■■ 220/RTO 609/D85 axle. it was a nice smooth unit and quiet although it just didn’t perform as well the Borderers but it gave excellent trouble free service on the fleet.Bewick

probably Jennings conversion:

Interesting to read today that Smiths of Eccles started International transport way back in 1957 so they must have been early on that front, Buzzer

Off FB I’m afraid! Plenty of C-series did ‘internals’ in the Middle East but this is the only example I know of that did the Middle-East run from UK. Pictured here in Istanbul.

EDIT to say I’ve just remembered one other example:

C-series on Middle East work.jpg

If Sed/Atk can have a thread so can ERF! This is a shot of two Bewick C38s in customer livery parked in the depot at Milnthorpe,they were the last two ERFs,but one,to join the Bewick fleet.

They are very early C Series - not many were registered on the 'X

ERF:
They are very early C Series - not many were registered on the 'X

Hiya ERF we did get one more on the “Y” in august 82 They had Gardner 8LXC 265s engines/Big Fullers/Eaton axles(all my own spec!) Bewick.

Seen last week on the A49 at Church Stretton.

This one’s still working.

This one belongs to TruckNet member oxo3.

A few from Mid Wales.

This is a shot of the “Y” Reg of the trio which went into the Bewick general fleet in August '82.It is seen here in the Sept '82 Kendal Torchlight Procession with its regular driver, Lol Varey, at the wheel.Lol was an absolutley “fastidious” driver and a past master at the art of Sheeting and Roping!! We regularly had into the teens of floats in this annual procession with from memory having 20 in one year.They’re lucky to have numbers bareley over single figures now-a days ,in total!!