"Er Boss... I've had a bit of a problem."

The 96-tonne crane exploded into a fireball just before 21:30 BST on Wednesday between J2 for Beaconsfield and J1a for the M25.
A number of cars were trapped for several hours. The road partially re-opened on Thursday morning.

Highways England said one lane would remain closed for safety reasons.

It said the “intense fire” happened after a “significant spillage of hydraulic fluid”, causing “serious damage to the road surface”, which is due to be resurfaced on Thursday night.

The 96-tonne crane exploded into a fireball just before 21:30 BST on Wednesday between J2 for Beaconsfield and J1a for the M25.
A number of cars were trapped for several hours. The road partially re-opened on Thursday morning.

Highways England said one lane would remain closed for safety reasons.

It said the “intense fire” happened after a “significant spillage of hydraulic fluid”, causing “serious damage to the road surface”, which is due to be resurfaced on Thursday night.

[/quote]
That will be a nice little repair bill for them and a tasty bill to tow it away!

"That’s the last time I park up next to Dipper Dave "

Is that another of city lifting gone up in flames becoming a bit of a habit for them

Agency crane driver :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

How the hell will they get that removed ?

raymundo:

It was gone when i went by before dinner today mate

tango boy:

raymundo:

Would love to know how it was accomplished as don’t look fit to be towed :slight_smile:

raymundo:

tango boy:

raymundo:

Would love to know how it was accomplished as don’t look fit to be towed :slight_smile:

pikies :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

raymundo:

tango boy:

raymundo:

With another crane, of course :laughing: And a guy standing by with a spare fire extinguisher, just in case :smiley:

Simples - call out Auto Renovations and put the crane on the back of their wonderful low-loader-ish-thingy-truck of M20 fame. At least if it hits any bridges on the way down, it’ll most likely be the crane which falls apart, not the bridge. :wink:

If they did put it on a low loader, I hope to god someone strapped down the arm bit!

Wouldn’t they just cut it up on site, even if only into movable pieces? Why was the car on fire aswell? Hit by burning tyre or someone daft enough to stop nearby and update their facebook status on the matter?

That is the last time I go to a Dipper Dave foam party in Ibiza .
He asked me if I wanted a lift there .
I bet the scene was a Womble convention.
Watching traffic with their hands in their pockets .

I wonder how much they things cost, hazard a guess at £200k?

Well I understand a Terberg tug is around 80-90K to buy outright so I imagine a crane like that is at least twice that if not a sight more.

merc0447:

merc0447:

Nearer £500,000

toby1234abc:
That is the last time I go to a Dipper Dave man foam party in Beaconsfield.

FTFY

trevHCS:
Simples - call out Auto Renovations and put the crane on the back of their wonderful low-loader-ish-thingy-truck of M20 fame. At least if it hits any bridges on the way down, it’ll most likely be the crane which falls apart, not the bridge. :wink:

If they did put it on a low loader, I hope to god someone strapped down the arm bit!

Most stupid post of the year contender.