Equipment help

hello i start my first class 2 job on a week on monday, which will invove some nights away, i need some help with some equipment buying, can anyone tell me where i cna buy i half decent stove, what are the best maps to buy and a decent sat nav and anyhthing else that can be useful for me. Many thanks

Look in your local camping shop for a stove and gas or a truckstop.
Most of the stuff you use you will pick up as you go along, as for a sat nav that’s all down to choice personally I use a Garmin not the cheapest but does the job.

Best Atlas would be the Phillips Truckers Atlas. It has weight limits low bridges, width restrictions etc. AtoZ maps for towns and cities are good, not found any with weights and heights though.

I use a gas stove like this, there are better out there but for the money you cant go wrong.

ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-PORTABLE- … 51aaccf7f9

Buy a 24V Kettle, get a Waeco one as they’re the best.

Sat Navs are a minefield. It depends on your budget. The Tom Tom is the mutt’s nuts but it’s dear as a dear thing. I got mine from here hgv-trucktables.co.uk/truck-sat-nav.php and it’s not steered me wrong yet.

HTH.

I’m sure someone will be along shortly to tell you how wrong I am and how what they have is better and everything else but all that works for me

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37297

As said a decent stove is a lifesaver always used Coleman gas stoves for work and fishing never let me down.
As for sat navs tomtom every time if you look on ebay tesco direct do the tomtom XXL refurbished with 18 month warranty delivered for £60 bargain I think the smaller tomtom are £90 new.
A warm sleeping bag is the asda 1 for £8 used it last winter at work and night fishing, my girlfriend used it last weekend when she came nightfishing with me she was toasty and slept with nowt on lol. And yes I do have pics and no im not going to lol

Jeff.

Word of caution on the philips atlas, it is missing a lot of weight restrictions, most in towns.

As for equipment, start small. When you get more settled with nights out you can tailor it all to what you actually need.

In terms off sat nav is it not better to get a truckers sat nav that will include wieght restricitons low bridges etc ?

Lad at work bought a truck sat nav, went to Skipton he set truck weight hieght and length but the sat nav still tried to send him thro 2 weight limits and under 2 low bridges.
Had a nightmare of a day no fun turning a trailer round in a small town 3 times

Jeff.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=90870&p=1305146#p1305146