Equipement advice for newbie night out driver

I have been told a flesh light can come in handy, not got one yet.
But if any one can recommend and maybe do a review i may get one.

weeto:
I have been told a flesh light can come in handy, not got one yet.
But if any one can recommend and maybe do a review i may get one.

lovehoney.co.uk is the place to get one …so I’m told!

Coffeeholic:

RobRob:

chilistrucker:
as others have said, (beings you do interweb on phone) get a decent inverter, and then a combi type 19 inch tv/dvd from tesco or similar will do the trick. a decent book, and a couple of mags of choice always handy. WETWIPES
def get a decent kettle, couple of pots n pans, plates, mugs, knifes, forks etc. tea bags, coffee, food, salt, pepper, vinegar and sauces, although if short on room, these could be borrowed from motorway services. oh yeah, t-towel, or plenty of kitchen roll. WETWIPES
a suitable wee bottle, saves you jumping out in the night, which is a pain, and could get us all a bad rep, if someone spots ya peeing in an inappropriate place. a decent carrier bag and bog roll for real emergencies, (maybe an old towel aswell.) WETWIPES
washbag with all your gear, a decent towel, and i’d say a must, a pair of flip flops :open_mouth: bedding, a decent sheet, a good quilt and a couple of decent pillows don’t forget a weeks worth of clothes, maybe keep some decent clobber with you too, incase you want a night on the tiles somewhere :grimacing: WETWIPES
i’ve also always kept a couple of beers spare, bottle of plonk, and my own fave tipple, but thats more for the weekended scenario, unless your lucky and get a proper nightly rest.
a decent atlas, gotta be decent, few a-z’s if required and a satnav.
scented candles, matches, lighter, various batteries, bottle opener, fuses, bulbs, few tools, some gaffer tape, decent knife, alarm clock WETWIPES
maybe some headache/flu type tablets, WETWIPES
hope some of that helps, and don’t forget, WETWIPES :grimacing:

Scented candles? WTF? :open_mouth:

I wonder if they are to set the mood while using the items I have highlighted above? :wink:

ha,ha, now, now you two, its not like that, (honest.)
the job i do, means sometimes we may be sat at the same place for quite a while, a day-a week, as i smoke far to much i have always found these candles in glasses are the best at keeping the truck smelling nice.

nooooooooooooooooooooooo…

NTSA

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37297

If you are a coffee drinker like me then Nescafé do one cup sachets - just add hot water. They keep for ever too.

chilistrucker:
as others have said, (beings you do interweb on phone) get a decent inverter, and then a combi type 19 inch tv/dvd from tesco or similar will do the trick. a decent book, and a couple of mags of choice always handy. WETWIPES
def get a decent kettle, couple of pots n pans, plates, mugs, knifes, forks etc. tea bags, coffee, food, salt, pepper, vinegar and sauces, although if short on room, these could be borrowed from motorway services. oh yeah, t-towel, or plenty of kitchen roll. WETWIPES
a suitable wee bottle, saves you jumping out in the night, which is a pain, and could get us all a bad rep, if someone spots ya peeing in an inappropriate place. a decent carrier bag and bog roll for real emergencies, (maybe an old towel aswell.) WETWIPES
washbag with all your gear, a decent towel, and i’d say a must, a pair of flip flops :shock: bedding, a decent sheet, a good quilt and a couple of decent pillows don’t forget a weeks worth of clothes, maybe keep some decent clobber with you too, incase you want a night on the tiles somewhere :grimacing: WETWIPES
i’ve also always kept a couple of beers spare, bottle of plonk, and my own fave tipple, but thats more for the weekended scenario, unless your lucky and get a proper nightly rest.
a decent atlas, gotta be decent, few a-z’s if required and a satnav.
scented candles, matches, lighter, various batteries, bottle opener, fuses, bulbs, few tools, some gaffer tape, decent knife, alarm clock WETWIPES
maybe some headache/flu type tablets, WETWIPES
hope some of that helps, and don’t forget, WETWIPES :grimacing:

In case VOSA ask you for a sample :laughing:
We all know not to touch the yellow snow, but we don’t like MSA stinking like the gents in the middle of the yard! :imp:

Tescos bags won’t do. They disintegrate over time! :grimacing: Sainsbury thick ones are best, if you can afford them! :open_mouth:

This is a running police joke… :sunglasses:

I’m not sure if you can get WETWIPES in any flavour other than “baby” or “girly” alas.
Make yourself comfortable - it’s your home for the next 4 days or more after all! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:

:angry: parked up near Reading laughing my head off reading these, thanks guys much appreciated. I’ll definately be buying wet wipes but no scented candles :smiley:

Im suprised no one has asked the obvious question, and that is ........is Matt996 a cab hopper or has a regular truck and can keep his gear stowed away. If hes a cab hopper hes probably gonna need to keep his kit compact so he can carry it around

Matt996:
I’m looking for a tv/DVD combo and a cooker and kettle. Can anyone recommend any good ones and the best place to get them?

spend time while looking at TVs spinning them around and looking at what plugs/outlets are on the back, especially if you can get 1 with a 12v input jack, then you can power it directly off the 12v hella socket. Tesco used to do a technika 16" TV DVD combo with 12v input model # 16-850 but i havent see 1 recently, though I suspect other retailers might have them for sale online, inc eBay where refurb ones are available (Item number: 280817344272).
Another consideration when selecting a new TV is whether it has a USB socket on the back. With a USB socket you can play those movies and TV shows that you might download. An 8Gb stick will allow you to preload enough visual entertainment for the week, without the need to carry a bag full of DVD`s

Matt996:

Harry Monk:

:angry: parked up near Reading laughing my head off reading these, thanks guys much appreciated. I’ll definately be buying wet wipes but no scented candles :smiley:

…Glad to oblige. You Winnersh some, you lose some.
and now to bunk - you’ve got an Earley start in the morning!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: