EQUAL VALUE

:smiley: I have been asking for written confermation from the company I work for that the pay offer is the same for all the employees doing the same or similar work to myself. We were told at our depot that this was the case but they don not seem keen to put pen to paper on it. :wink:
i am not positive but I think the law states that if I can prove somebody else in the same company doing similar work to me but getting more money means I can ask for the same as them and go back six years to collect what I should have had.
Anybody with a big company should take a look at acas

cheers m8 for that info :wink:

Does this apply to different depots of the same company? For example a depot at Chester and one at Glasgow give different rates for the drivers doing basically the same work.

hollywood:
Does this apply to different depots of the same company? For example a depot at Chester and one at Glasgow give different rates for the drivers doing basically the same work.

Yes. As far as I am aware it does because the government deny there is a north/south divide. :unamused: The reason i first looked into it was last year, I was browsing the company wesite and found a listing in the current opitunities (spell check) :blush: showing a depot in Manchester paying more than what we were getting. The company doesn’t put adds for drivers anymore. :wink:
I know, well heard a rumour, that a NW depot has settled a pay increase at a lower rate than our depot. If what I have understood is correct there is going to be loads of people who can claim back pay which the cheap scate employers have kept back.

eoc.org.uk/cseng/advice/work … #_How_do_I

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Found the link where ACAS rep said to look.

Robert Haynes:
http://www.eoc.org.uk/cseng/advice/work_of_equal_value_questions.asp#_How_do_I

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Found the link where ACAS rep said to look.

I’m a bit confused by this thread. I’ve looked at the link above and it is refering to equal pay between men and women and actually states that the colleague you compare yourself to has to be of the opposite ■■■ and says if this criteria is not met then no claim which I can’t understand.

if you are white, male, straight and british, you dont have any rights :imp:

especially if you drive a truck

if you are white, male, straight and british, you dont have any rights

When i was living in London some years back, i was basicly told this when i applied for housing at paddington housing office after becoming homeless from splitting up from girlfriend. There exact words were “Sorry we do not have a duty to house you.” There were about 300 people sitting in the waiting room, and noticed that not a single word of English was spoken. Hmm

:blush: Sorry if that is the wrong link but there is definately legislation that covers this.
My previous manager told me about it last year and as I said ACAS have said about it on the phone.
If I dig anything up I will post again

Robert Haynes:
:blush: Sorry if that is the wrong link but there is definately legislation that covers this.
My previous manager told me about it last year and as I said ACAS have said about it on the phone.
If I dig anything up I will post again

:slight_smile: I think it was the right link its just this issue isn’t as straightforward (in other words fair) as it should be, but thats the law for you :confused: