EPIC Or MPQC Card

:blush: Today Laughfarge/Tossmac had a clamp down on drivers EPIC cards at Clitheroe, No card, no load!!! The first time in Two years that anyone has asked for the cards. Most of the drivers cards had expired because the Northern region Transport manager :blush: :open_mouth: :unamused: :confused: had forgot to rebook the said drivers on a course :angry: After i rang Mr C5555er up in Febuary this year explaining that my card was going to expire! the reply was what the F^%K do want me to do about it? :unamused: :open_mouth:

What a joke these ā€œskills cardsā€ are. Iā€™ve done it twice and both times neither instructor had ever driven a tipper, dumptruck, loading shovel etc. I doubt they even know the difference between a crusher and a screener. The quarry industry used to get itā€™s managers from those who started as belt-men, shovel drivers etc and then rose through the ranks. Now the managersā€™ offices are infested with people who worry more about the type of safety glasses youā€™re wearing as you walk to the weighbridge window than actually keeping the aggregate going out of the gate.
Rant over.

Muckaway:
Now the managersā€™ offices are infested with people who worry more about the type of safety glasses youā€™re wearing as you walk to the weighbridge window than actually keeping the aggregate going out of the gate.
Rant over.

This ^^^^^.

During the heavy rain the last 2 days I was expecting larfmac to issue a directive demanding we all wear armbands whilst on site. Its really getting beyond a joke now!!

The course/lecture/snooze fest isnā€™t even tailored to the company theyā€™re preaching to. Got bored senseless twice over hearing about safety when a technicianā€™s sampling your load of tarmac. Despite it being pointed out ā€œwe donā€™t do black topā€ ā€œwe donā€™t have tarmac bodiesā€ we donā€™t have lab technicians" etc, we were told ā€œitā€™s part of the course.ā€
A classic example why itā€™s so pointless. To get the skills card you do multiple choice test paper. For tippers you do part one and mixers, parts one and two. Bear in mind I have never driven or even sat in a mixer, yet I filled in part two and now I am qualified to operate one.