Epic card

Hi all what’s the course entail? I’m on it on Saturday

Cheers in advance

Young_AL:
Hi all what’s the course entail? I’m on it on Saturday

Cheers in advance

What part are you doing? The one I’ve got is for plant, I didn’t know they did transport stuff too.

Erm as far as i know it’s so I can get onto quarry’s in a bulker,
Just wanted to know what the course is classroom? How long etc?

Ah, I see. Sorry, never done that one mate.

It’s nothing more than a 7 hour snooze fest.

You don’t have to take a test or anything so don’t panic.

Just watch a couple of videos and that’s about it.

Cheers bacon sandwich

7 Hours of total garbage, all the usual H&S stuff, safe driving and not squashing cyclists.
After all that you get about 10 mins on Quarry safety.
Be prepaired to be very bored :smiley:

Oh and if the bloke taking yours is like the one that did mine, loves the sound of is own voice…and is opinion is the only one that is right!!!

Making me mad just thinking about it :angry:

Mr Bam:
7 Hours of total garbage, all the usual H&S stuff, safe driving and not squashing cyclists.
After all that you get about 10 mins on Quarry safety.
Be prepaired to be very bored :smiley:

Oh and if the bloke taking yours is like the one that did mine, loves the sound of is own voice…and is opinion is the only one that is right!!!

Making me mad just thinking about it :angry:

thats why i walked out after a couple of hours, no epic card for me but i still get loaded at all the quarrys that say they want them

There is a multiple choice test at the end but it’s practically unfailable unless you’re retarded. My advice to tipper guys is to carry on after the tipper part is done and do the mixer test. I did and passed so I’m now safe and competent…except I’ve never driven one. It is mind numbingly boring, just wait for the “I’ve had a near hit!” Tarmac safety vid…
…You’ll also have to endure Penny “I drove a rally car” Mallory patronising you on cyclist squashing. Just point out to the trainer that the film is out of date as ReadyMix Concrete are now Cemex.

Muckaway:
There is a multiple choice test at the end but it’s practically unfailable unless you’re retarded.

Oh yeah. Forgot that bit! Common sense should see you through though.

Muckaway:
My advice to tipper guys is to carry on after the tipper part is done and do the mixer test. I did and passed so I’m now safe and competent…except I’ve never driven one.

I did that for flat bed trailers too. Never done blocks but I have a card that says I know what I’m doing. God help us all!

Muckaway:
It is mind numbingly boring, just wait for the “I’ve had a near hit!” Tarmac safety vid…

Best part of the whole day was the lunch!

Muckaway:
You’ll also have to endure Penny “I drove a rally car” Mallory patronising you on cyclist squashing. Just point out to the trainer that the film is out of date as ReadyMix Concrete are now Cemex.

Don’t remember that one. Maybe that’s why I hit so many cyclists!

Bacon Sandwich:
You don’t have to take a test or anything so don’t panic.

You did when I did mine 18mo ago. That said the questions were so easy everyone on the course (and there were 20 of us) got full marks or very near to that.

Paul

7 hours towards your cpc course.

I’ve never been asked for mine since I’ve had it

james1973:
7 hours towards your cpc course.

Already have full cpc :frowning:

You will need one if you want to load at salt union winsford

Where can I go to do this course? I’m in Macclesfield area,must be loads of courses in Buxton?

james1973:

You get asked for it every time you go to load salt at Winsford.

Other than that I’ve never had to show mine.

Paul

repton:

james1973:

Paul

Tarmac Llanwern is the only other place I’ve been asked to show my card.

Make a well know phrase or saying from the following words.

of time waste

Answers on a postcard to the usual address!

Bacon Sandwich:
Make a well know phrase or saying from the following words.

of time waste

Answers on a postcard to the usual address!

As others have pointed out it gets you 7 hours towards your DCPC so even if you never have to show the card it isn’t a waste of time.

Paul

repton:

james1973:

Paul

Makes me laugh, a mine and you need youre epic card :unamused: mind you ive been in twice this week and the lad never asked to see my card :wink: :smiley:

Does epic stand for something or what?