epic card

iam looking to get into tipper driving and having just spoke 2 a lad who works where iam trying 2 get on 4 he says id have more chance getting a start if i had this epic card, any 1 now out about these he also said by doing it it gives u 7 hrs 2wards ur cpc!!? is that right? cheers

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44318

Yep , you’ll need an EPIC card to work in quarries , and yep , the training can count towards you DCPC hours

Epic cards are more useful if you work/haul for one of the big quarrying firms. Muckshifting firms dont need it unless hauling for aggregate companies. Epic is pointless is just something the mineral product association insist on. Ive done it and will need to redo next year as it expires. Hopefully I wont have to listen to the dos and donts of hauling blacktop…

Muckaway:
Epic cards are more useful if you work/haul for one of the big quarrying firms. Muckshifting firms dont need it unless hauling for aggregate companies. Epic is pointless is just something the mineral product association insist on. Ive done it and will need to redo next year as it expires. Hopefully I wont have to listen to the dos and donts of hauling blacktop…

Why not? Scared of the hot stuff? :laughing:

hammer:

Muckaway:

Why not? Scared of the hot stuff? :laughing:

No it’s just irrelevant to us as we only carry broken tarmac to crush to planings. I suggested a while back we should get a couple of insulated wagons as we supply the ■■■■■■■■, the type 1 so why not the blacktop? It’d give me time to clean my wagon to FG Bond standards. :laughing:

Muckaway:

hammer:

Muckaway:
:

No it’s just irrelevant to us as we only carry broken tarmac to crush to planings. I suggested a while back we should get a couple of insulated wagons as we supply the ■■■■■■■■, the type 1 so why not the blacktop? It’d give me time to clean my wagon to FG Bond standards. :laughing:

Well I carted black for 25 years Nathan, but I never had a clean truck! :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:

Muckaway:

hammer:

Muckaway:
:

Well I carted black for 25 years Nathan, but I never had a clean truck! :laughing:

Pete.

A local subbie has 3 8wheelers and 1 6w; The 6 is the better earner as he gets waiting time on barrow jobs whereas the 8ws get the bulk jobs. It’s similar for me; I tend to get loaded by the dinky toys thus my flask empties quickly :sunglasses: :laughing: