Epic card questions

Hi Guys and Gals. Just wanted some opinions on the EPIC card test. Is it hard? Easy? Is it just a case of recalling all information given during the day? Its my first job as a class 1 tipper driver and im being sent to hartlepool for this course soon. Cheers guys

Given the states of some of the tipper drivers I’ve seen it can’t be too taxing.

toonsy:
Given the states of some of the tipper drivers I’ve seen it can’t be too taxing.

:laughing:

EPIC card test?? :open_mouth: …never heard of it. :unamused:

Is this the latest modern management derived ■■■■■■■■ to extort money out of you by any chance?..whilst at the same time to make things look on the surface that things are getting done right, when in reality it’s ■■■■ meaningless.
Thought that was the whole idea of the dcpc. :neutral_face:

I’ve been in this ■■■■ job too long I reckon, cynicism has now become my first option and reaction on any bloody thing to do with it… :unamused: :smiley:

Hardest part is staying awake. Watch videos, get talked at and then answer some multiple choice questions. You’ll get 7 hours CPC.

Hang on…

How long does this EPIC thingy take? If it’s worth 7 hours Dcpc time but only takes 45 minutes to snore through, I’m up for it.

Is the EPIC card not a bit out of date? I drove tippers on quarry work and was never asked for one. I remember looking at the questions ,there were things like why should you not paint a ladder . answer in case you cover up damage.

Its now 25 multiple choice questions think pass mark is 20, its been stiffened up
since I last did it 5 years ago but all the information is contained throughout the day.
The instructor we had kind of suggested that this point or that point maybe relevant
so you might want to make notes at this point.
Good Luck.

My new employer is paying for this and I think that theyre doing it because they’re FORS SILVER accredited. This is one reason why I chose to work for them.

Jasesonix:
they’re FORS SILVER accredited. This is one reason why I chose to work for them.

Horses for courses and all that but being Silver accredited would not even appear on my radar whilst I was vetting prospective employers tbh. What’s the wages? and what’s the T’s & C’s ? would, but any pointless and made up bollox like that or BS5750 malarkey wouldn’t even figure.

the maoster:

Jasesonix:
they’re FORS SILVER accredited. This is one reason why I chose to work for them.

Horses for courses and all that but being Silver accredited would not even appear on my radar whilst I was vetting prospective employers tbh. What’s the wages? and what’s the T’s & C’s ? would, but any pointless and made up bollox like that or BS5750 malarkey wouldn’t even figure.

Exactly, …''We’re only on 8 quid an hour, but at least we’re ‘‘Silver accredited’’ …Nah, don’t think so. :smiley:

Jasesonix:
My new employer is paying for this and I think that theyre doing it because they’re FORS SILVER accredited. This is one reason why I chose to work for them.

It’s nothing to do with FORS. The card is required for you to access sites operated by the likes of CEMEX, Tarmac, Breedon and Lafarge.

Jasesonix:

Smart. So.spme gate monkey can audit your truck and see if it really is silver level :unamused:

harrawaffa:

Jasesonix:

It’s nothing to do with FORS. The card is required for you to access sites operated by the likes of CEMEX, Tarmac, Breedon and Lafarge.

Absolutely spot on!!

It’s a piece of ■■■■, had mine just over a year now and have never used it. Absolute bollox If you ask me.

Did it on Friday. Yes it’s a bit tedious. The trainer was a bit weird. Actually very weird. Food was average. Which was quite funny as all the other 19 guys thought the food was great, they were raving about the Victoria sandwich. Then I tried it and told this guy next to me it was crap. With the introductions and telling our work history, they were all saying 15, 20, 32 years in the industry. Came to me and im saying, " been driving a class 1 tipper for 4 days, was a CHEF this time last week!"…a few eyebrows went up I must say lol. entertaining and boring at the same time, but I did learn something.