Entwistle brick and block

I have just bought two ex entwistle trucks an erf Ec 6x4 rigid
And a w reg Foden alpha and was wondering if anyone had any info on the company they were new to
Are they still running or are they another good haulier that’s sadly no longer with us

I think that R T Keedwell has snapped’em up, a bloke i work with used to have an EC11 draw-bar on there, and him and his father got made r
edundant just after the take over. They also done Round timber haulage up until 2003.
Good luck with the ERF and Foden, are they to be worked or for show??

I recall talking to a Entwistle driver at a supermarket RDC in East Kilbride only afew years ago , by that time I think they had given up brick and block haulage due to poor rates etc and at that point were doing chill deliveries to RDCs I think for one of the major logistics operators ,ie Wincanton ,or Gist . Shortly after they closed down and the fleet was sold off . A few years ago the TV series Grand Designs was set to show a house in a very rural part of Aberdeenshire being being redesigned and part of the house rebuilt . This job required bricks which were delivered by Entwistle by a ERF artic , the load arrived and the very difficult delivery recorded by the tv cameraman ,the poor drivers every move was recorded for all to see and yet he remained very cool and under control at all times where others might have panicked , driver whoever you are and you read this this article you will always have my greatest admiration .

Just to say a frend has two ex Entwistle ERF drawbar 6x4 off road

Good old trucks will be sorry to see them go??

Entwistle had a few drivers based in the North East a couple of them I used to work with, saw a wagon & drag in entwistle colours but Keedwell on the door early hrs on A6 /M6 rounabout last wk as I was pulling out of the Fleece

RT Keedwell bought Entwistles and Intasite out in Sept last year…so all the Celcon work out of Pollington now goes through them…they are based in Intasites yard at Pollington as that was bought at the same time :wink: :wink:

Taken around 1984 at The Brock Transport Cafe A6 north of Preston before Dirty ■■■■’s and The Mayfield for old timers :unamused:
picture courtesy of Terry Swarbrick who with his wife Jean ran the “Brock”

regards Big Al