entry lanes

never understand your average car driver/van driver,why do they allways assume they can just pull out in front of an hgv doing 56mph,happens quite regularly on the A419 north just passed the CO OP,i had a car driver the other day who seemed totally oblivious to me coming along,i had vehicles on the outside so could not pull out,this car just carried on and was about to go over the give way line when I approached,it was on the verge of being sideswiped but lucky for the car driver saw me at the last minute and slammed the anchors on,putting him onto the edge of the grass verge,those who do manage to pull out then do not accelerate but sit in front at around 45/50 mph,making vehicles coming up behind brake because as I say they cannot pull out because of other vehicles on the outside,why do they feel they have the right to just pull out,really annoying

To put it bluntly, no zb’er can drive in this country now. M62 yesterday around 3pm was complete chaos. Had some dumb dumb pull straight in front of me because someone approached the slip road coming out of Birch services, then it got worse around Bradford with an idiot caravan pulling numpty who left me hanging in lane 2 because he was trying to show off. Can’t slow down because of traffic behind, foot wielded to the floor and can’t go any faster. Left indicator on to show I want to come back in but nope, he would not move. Either slow down to let me back in or accelerate off but he did neither.

I’ve just come to accept that the vast majority of road users are inherently thick as ■■■■.

Once you accept that, it just becomes expected that they will make idiotic moves so just drive accordingly and avoid being in the situation. Then sit in the smug knowledge that you are far better than them.

They probably won’t even realise how you helped them out but any of us surrounding you will. I and I’m sure others on here recognise and appreciate it when watching someone who knows what they are doing.

Also it makes a nice surprise when someone joining the carriageway actually shows a degree of skill and forethought.

truckman020:
happens quite regularly on the A419

No need to narrow it down, happens on every slip road in the country.

Either slow down to let me back in or accelerate off but he did neither.

One night last year on the M42 i had a cabbage enter the motorway and left me hanging in the middle lane. i had Trucks behind me too so didn’t want to slow down too much. What made this one worse was that it was absolutely hammering it down and given where this guy was sitting he couldn’t have seen a thing given the amount of spray coming off my unit and trailer.

Took some Air Hornage to get him to slow down :unamused:

Unfortunately (for them ) the average car/ van driver has not the faintest clue about whats on the road with them .
Braking distances of trucks
Blind spots
Hazardous loads
long , wide or heavy loads
Its the kind of stuff we see recognise and can adapt for - your average cabbage in a Micra hasn’t the first clue and don’t even start me on the portable potty brigade.
We as so called "professional " drivers need to make allowances for these cabbages and give them plenty of room because they haven’t a clue that they have a fuel tanker in front , a load of sulphuric acid beside them and a load of firewords behind them - they only care about the next text message , or what the sat nav is telling them to do.

Radar19:
To put it bluntly, no zb’er can drive in this country now. M62 yesterday around 3pm was complete chaos. Had some dumb dumb pull straight in front of me because someone approached the slip road coming out of Birch services, then it got worse around Bradford with an idiot caravan pulling numpty who left me hanging in lane 2 because he was trying to show off. Can’t slow down because of traffic behind, foot wielded to the floor and can’t go any faster. Left indicator on to show I want to come back in but nope, he would not move. Either slow down to let me back in or accelerate off but he did neither.

not good,but what do you expect from a muppet caravanner.

kjw21:
I’ve just come to accept that the vast majority of road users are inherently thick as [zb].

Once you accept that, it just becomes expected that they will make idiotic moves so just drive accordingly and avoid being in the situation. Then sit in the smug knowledge that you are far better than them.

They probably won’t even realise how you helped them out but any of us surrounding you will. I and I’m sure others on here recognise and appreciate it when watching someone who knows what they are doing.

Also it makes a nice surprise when someone joining the carriageway actually shows a degree of skill and forethought.

agree 100%

Terry T:

truckman020:
happens quite regularly on the A419

No need to narrow it down, happens on every slip road in the country.
agree with that,but in my present job I am lucky enough to just use the A419,have not used the motorways for sometime,and mighty glad I am too.

Either slow down to let me back in or accelerate off but he did neither.

One night last year on the M42 i had a cabbage enter the motorway and left me hanging in the middle lane. i had Trucks behind me too so didn’t want to slow down too much. What made this one worse was that it was absolutely hammering it down and given where this guy was sitting he couldn’t have seen a thing given the amount of spray coming off my unit and trailer.

Took some Air Hornage to get him to slow down :unamused:

And I was hoping this thread to be a variation on a Brazilian! :neutral_face:

Evil8Beezle:
And I was hoping this thread to be a variation on a Brazilian! :neutral_face:

yep know what you mean it’s more like the hangar lane gyration.