Entries on rear of Tacho

Hi there new to this forum & driving I am after some information on changing trucks during a shift.
I would like to know the correct procedure for changing my chart after looking at the rear of a chart it looks like you enter the time you put you tacho in the new vehicle & the rest looks pretty straight forward if anyone can shed any light on this it would be appreciated.
Many thanks.

Complete the mileage details for the vehicle that’s listed on the front of the chart.

On the back of the chart put the time of change over, reg number of new vehicle, mileage start/finish/total and you’re done.

If there is any significant time lapse between taking the chart out of one vehicle and putting it into another you will need to do a manual entry on the back of the chart.

tachograph:
Complete the mileage details for the vehicle that’s listed on the front of the chart.

On the back of the chart put the time of change over, reg number of new vehicle, mileage start/finish/total and you’re done.

If there is any significant time lapse between taking the chart out of one vehicle and putting it into another you will need to do a manual entry on the back of the chart.

we were told not to do total kms as if you add it up wrong you get a infringement and theres no legal need for total kms just start and finish kms

also back has to be done in felt tip as far as i know

ady1:
also back has to be done in felt tip as far as i know

You’re right, not necessarily felt tip pen but any that doesn’t go through and deface the front of the chart which realistically probably means felt tip.