Entitlement Expired

Morning All. Can’t seem to get a definitive answer anywhere.

I had been driving part time, as I have a full time job elsewhere. I haven’t driven (HGV’s) since the beginning of this year. Anyway, I thought my entitlement expired next year but it actually expired 04/08/13.
I have no plans to drive in the near future, but if I did want to drive again would I have to do the C and C/E training again? I know I would have to complete a medical and CPC. Someone said I would, and others say not!!! Thanks.

Regards

Andy

No you can just renew it no retest or training required.

If your entitlement ran out last month just reapply for your licence now.

PASS D4 MEDICAL AND YOU GET THEM ALL BACK

NO TIME LIMIT

Remember that you will need current DQC - driver cpc card - to drive commercially after 09/09/2014

I seem to remember that you have not held a licence for more than 10 years, then you will have to retake test. Yes I know that it is not relevant to the OP.

SWEDISH BLUE:
I seem to remember that you have not held a licence for more than 10 years, then you will have to retake test. Yes I know that it is not relevant to the OP.

MYTH

There can be a problem if the categories have not been on the licence since 1981 (I think) which is before everything went onto computers

Thanks for your replies fellas.
To confirm then, if I want to drive again, I have to pass my medical, and complete CPC by August 2014 to drive after that. Sorry, I’m not thick or perhaps I am :slight_smile:

Regards

Andy

Forgot to add, I’m 50 next month.

Signaller:
To confirm then, if I want to drive again, I have to pass my medical, and complete CPC by August 2014 to drive after that. Sorry, I’m not thick or perhaps I am :slight_smile:

Regards

Andy

To drive HGVs again you will need to have the medical, and to drive HGVs commercially after September 2014 you will need to do 35 hours periodic training.

Signaller:

Regards

Andy

Forgot to add, I’m 50 next month.

Happy Birthday

My photo was to expire this year and my LGV was to expire in about a year

Went to PO paid £24.50 and got new style licence with LGV to expire in 2018

Thanks DVLA … last D4 medical at age 50 and next D4 medical at age 60 :smiley:

Perhaps the OP should change the photo for a new one …

Hmm - might try that approach, Rog - my photocard expires in August 2014 but my C/C+E runs until October of the same year.

Roymondo:
Hmm - might try that approach, Rog - my photocard expires in August 2014 but my C/C+E runs until October of the same year.

Wait for photo renewal notice from DVLA then go to PO with £24.50 and state that both parts of current licence is ‘lost’
The PO did not ask for anything except the renewal notice form which DVLA sent me
Got new licence in 3 days

Cheers, Rog. Assuming I remember to do that, I’ll let you know how it turns out next year :slight_smile:

Thanks once again for the replies fellas.I just wanted to be sure.Due to be made redundant in 2017 and am already thinking about my options.

Andy

Signaller:
Due to be made redundant in 2017 and am already thinking about my options.

Andy

Blimey that’s some notice. Good luck with your options.