Enjoy

David Mitchell top bloke normally, dont even think he has a car licence :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZIaPIssKNRw

This guy looks like Michael McIntyre ( So called comedian ) and is almost as ■■■■■■ irritating.

Rant over !

what a [zb] !

Denis F:
what a [zb] !

i say denis steady on ,it looks like you meant that from the heart … cor blimey … :wink:

So when the Knb is on on tour, How the Hll does he think all the kit he needs to “make him look good” gets there■■? Also how does he get the food and drink that he enjoys to the current sponser of his eating habits to the shelves■■?

Rant over & retires to quiet corner with hard hat and flak jacket :imp: :imp:

I’ve just posted a reply on youtube, (RoscoeTravis) I doubt I’ll get a reply though!!

Ross.

I think you lot are missing the point a bit! :unamused:

The guy is a stand up comedian, his job is to over-exaggerate the comedic aspects of real life situations in order to help people see the lighter side of it. I don’t imagine for a second that he actually gives a ■■■■ about hauliers or what they spend their time doing, but he knew it would get a few laughs, which is how he makes his living. Take a room of 100 people and 95 of them will laugh at that, and of the 5 that don’t laugh there’s probably a couple of disgruntled old hauliers who would much rather go home, put on the rose tinted specs and hanker after the percieved “good old days”.

Not to mention that anyone who dabbles in a bit of common sense can see that there is a slightly ironic element of truth to what he says… :laughing:

Oh was he only joking then. I thought he just generally hated hauliers that much that he felt compelled to post a video on YouTube expressing this and it was in no way connected to his career as a comedian

Penny’s dropped now :smiley:

I didn’t find any of it funny, & not because haulage was at the sharp end of his tongue, it just wasn’t funny!!

Ross.

Funny? About as funny as an earthquake, miserable little man who’s never had to do a days work and has no comprehension of how tough this business is and if we got what we deserve out of it he would have a lot less money as everything he consumes would double in price, should be made to carry all his gear on his back to the next gig see what he thinks of us then!!!

If he was taking the ■■■■ out of bmw drivers, the highways-agency wombles, ■■■■■■ or the flip-flop brigade you lot would be sitting there giggling like schoolgirls, and there are threads littering this site where each and every one of you have had your bit of fun on at least one of the subjects I listed. But because he dares to poke a bit of fun at something close to your heart he’s a prick as far as you lot are concerned. :unamused:

Might I suggect a bit of light reading to help broaden your minds … Hypocrisy - Wikipedia

The fact is, this piece of comedic media was targeted at the 99.99999% of the population who aren’t directly connected to the haulage industry, and a good portion of that target audience will find it funny so long as you appreciate the style of comedy. If you don’t, then tough luck and quit ■■■■■■■■ about it.

I like listening to CCR, my nephew likes angry black men who ‘rap’ about their parents being cruel to them. But I don’t feel the need to write to said aformentioned chaps and tell them that they’ve got it all wrong and that really their dad beating the ■■■■ out of them when they ■■■■■■ up was the best thing for them and that they wouldn’t be where they are today without all the alleged wrongs that make them feel so mistreated , even if it is true …

“comedic media” Gogan, I don’t find any of his rants funny because they’re not!! I certainly don’y need Wikipedia links to understand hypocricy, & I don’t find anything of his (attempted & failed) Ben Elton style delivery anything other than annoying, he atempts to use irony but falls short by a country mile and manages only to sound like he’s reading the comic material of a 10 year old.

It wouldn’t matter to me what his chosen subject matter is, & I take offence at you telling me that I would be “giggling like a schoolgirl” if his subject matter was BMW drivers etc!! In fact, I can only wonder what kind of IQ it would take to find this clearly well educated ‘toff’ funny?? (smaller than their shoe size I would venture)

Irrespective of subject, this guy just isn’t funny and in fact, none of the 5 short clips I watched even made me smile. Leonard Rossiter he aint!!

Ross.

bigr250:
“comedic media” Gogan, I don’t find any of his rants funny because they’re not!! I certainly don’y need Wikipedia links to understand hypocricy, & I don’t find anything of his (attempted & failed) Ben Elton style delivery anything other than annoying, he atempts to use irony but falls short by a country mile and manages only to sound like he’s reading the comic material of a 10 year old.

It wouldn’t matter to me what his chosen subject matter is, & I take offence at you telling me that I would be “giggling like a schoolgirl” if his subject matter was BMW drivers etc!! In fact, I can only wonder what kind of IQ it would take to find this clearly well educated ‘toff’ funny?? (smaller than their shoe size I would venture)

Irrespective of subject, this guy just isn’t funny and in fact, none of the 5 short clips I watched even made me smile. Leonard Rossiter he aint!!

Ross.

PS, I’d rather listen to Snoop Dog!! In fact, Snoop Dog is funnier that this idiot & he’s a rapper!!

Gogan:

Not to mention that anyone who dabbles in a bit of common sense can see that there is a slightly ironic element of truth to what he says… :laughing:

Where?

bigr250:

If it’s any consolation, I don’t find his style of comedy that funny either …

bigr250:
I can only wonder what kind of IQ it would take to find this clearly well educated ‘toff’ funny?? (smaller than their shoe size I would venture)

… but I wouldn’t have the brass neck to start insulting anyone who does like it! I don’t like the way the barber in my town cuts my hair, so I choose to travel to the next town to a barber who cuts it how I like it. I don’t stand outside my local barber’s shop though and tell everyone who chooses to partake of his services that they have a lower IQ than me simply because they disagree with my critique on his tecnique!

bigr250:
I take offence at you telling me that I would be “giggling like a schoolgirl” if his subject matter was BMW drivers etc!!

I sincerely apoligise if I genuinely offended you, my intention was not to cause offence, simply to point out that there is a disparity between a response which criticises the delivery and one which ridicules the content. The content in this case is irrelevant since you claim to be opposed to his style of delivery, but then again the response you posted on youtube would suggest a different motive.

bigr250:

Thats a an opinion that you are entitled to, and to an extent I agree with you. Personally I prefer a bit of Bill Hicks myself.

bigr250:

Gogan:

Where?

What have the various protest methods employed by hauliers gained them over the last 10-15 years? Is fuel cheaper now than 10 years ago? Is there any sign of it dropping significantly outwith normal market fluctuations? I rest my case …

Also with the possible exception of his nonsense about rail freight, there is very little he actually says in that film that isn’t true to a large extent!

Gogan:
What have the various protest methods employed by hauliers gained them over the last 10-15 years? Is fuel cheaper now than 10 years ago? Is there any sign of it dropping significantly outwith normal market fluctuations? I rest my case …

Also with the possible exception of his nonsense about rail freight, there is very little he actually says in that film that isn’t true to a large extent!

The “IQ” comment was childish and only serves to ‘take away’ from my argument rather than add to it!!

NONE of the fuel protests have beeen about the price of oil, they have all been about the government constantly ‘coming to the well’ & raising the fuel duty, in his diatribe be tries to lead anyone watching into believing that we were complaining about the world price of oil which would be as piontless as going on strike on sunny winter days blaming the government because “the sun is in my eyes”!!

I will stand by what I said in that, I believe that nothing of what he said comes close to being truthfull and all he’s doing is a totally ‘flat’ attempted comedy sketch in which he tries to ‘hook onto’ the general public’s dislike of trucks.

Comedy taste, I accept fully that not everyone likes the same kind of delivery, I personally didn’t like ‘The Office’ in either English of American formats and I understand that large groups of people obviously did, to each their own!!

Ross.

I actually do find him funny hence how i came across this video and to be honest if you watch any of his other work you’ll see that he is a pretty well educated man but that is kind off what makes this clip even worse though

He’s picked a subject that he has little understanding off but then has tried to act as though hes an authority on it. Obviously i understand his main M.O is o be funny but as stated he is a well educated man which is also part of his act/ charm but he has forsaken the latter in this instance to aid the humor, not exactly crime of the century and im sure if it had had been about another subject i would’nt off even noiced/cared.

My only real gripe about the clip was the fact he thinks the government are doing us a favor and this bollox about us being subsidized.
What i do agree with is the fact hauliers shouldn’t of blockaded refinery’s, why bother fuel goes up rates go up :laughing: cost of production goes up then everything goes up and its then everyone’s problem even David mitchells

460MC:
My only real gripe about the clip was the fact he thinks the government are doing us a favor and this bollox about us being subsidized.

He goes on as if trucks are exempt from road tax, & doesn’t mind telling people that this industry is subsidized!! That I object to!!

Ross.

He was probably just reading a script of which he had little or zero understanding knowing that the target audience were in the same boat.To suggest that Iraq was invaded to placate CO2 pumping hauliers was intended as a joke;like JC’s joke about shooting public sector strikers.

harry:
like JC’s joke about shooting public sector strikers.

At least that was topical!! (if not funny)

Ross.