English truck driver killed in the Netherlands

Sad news in the Dutch press, reporting that an English truck driver has died in a bad accident over here. RIP drive.

MEPPEL - A truck driver was killed in a serious accident on the A28 between Meppel and Hoogeveen in the night from Monday to Tuesday. It concerns a 38-year-old English trucker.

Police say one injured person has been taken to hospital. Several trucks and passenger cars were involved in the accident, which happened just before midnight. Emergency services rushed to the scene.

The highway was closed in the direction of Hoogeveen to Meppel near Zuidwolde. The A28 has now reopened to traffic.

telegraaf.nl/nieuws/9860687 … val-op-a28

citycat:

citycat:
Sad news in the Dutch press, reporting that an English truck driver has died in a bad accident over here. RIP drive.

MEPPEL - A truck driver was killed in a serious accident on the A28 between Meppel and Hoogeveen in the night from Monday to Tuesday. It concerns a 38-year-old English trucker.

Police say one injured person has been taken to hospital. Several trucks and passenger cars were involved in the accident, which happened just before midnight. Emergency services rushed to the scene.

The highway was closed in the direction of Hoogeveen to Meppel near Zuidwolde. The A28 has now reopened to traffic.

telegraaf.nl/nieuws/9860687 … val-op-a28

Awful.

The door has a recognisable UK name on it, but I assume next of kin would know by now.

RIP…

Driver. My condolences to all concerned.

so so sad, not many words just a quite thought, god bless all affected and R.I.P driver… :frowning:

I’m the least religious guy you could meet,.I have no time for any form of religion .but…
Whenever something like this comes up I always remember a saying my old Gran used to use when I was a kid which went…
'‘There but for the grace of God go I’
RIP drive,.and best wishes to those you left behind whilst providing for them.

Another driver doing his last trip before a family Christmas. :cry: :cry: