enee menee miney ......

Ok this is doing my swede in now :angry: not used to starting from way down there …

So which route do i take bearing in mind that i think (though not 100% sure till tomorrow) that our trailers are under 13’ 3" (low bridge in Newtown)

So is it

Route (A) shortest but 13’ 3" bridge and really crap roads

Route (B) 30 miles longer but better roads and no low bridges

Route (C) furthest by nearly 60 miles but CC on and away you go

I gotta admit im favouring Route (B) but thats a looooong way at 40mph (ish)

Let me know which you’d do

B
More interesting drive, shouldn’t get bored.beter than just sitting there with cc on doing nothing really and imho less tiring and less stressful :smiley:

Reef:
Ok this is doing my swede in now :angry: not used to starting from way down there …

So which route do i take bearing in mind that i think (though not 100% sure till tomorrow) that our trailers are under 13’ 3" (low bridge in Newtown)

So is it

Route (A) shortest but 13’ 3" bridge and really crap roads

Route (B) 30 miles longer but better roads and no low bridges

Route (C) furthest by nearly 60 miles but CC on and away you go

I gotta admit im favouring Route (B) but thats a looooong way at 40mph (ish)

Let me know which you’d do

Assuming you can ram it (sorry squeeze) it under the bridge i would probably take B as apposed to A for easyness. But it depends on what you class as crap roads (C roads/gravel :question: :question: :laughing:) and if you like changing gear.

The quickest route aint always the shortest especially in a truck.

If your paid hourly then C. :smiley: :laughing: :exclamation: :exclamation:

the police are very keen in newtown so watch yourself if you go that way :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

The best route would be along the m4 and then dont go back!!! Who wants to live in Wales anyway :laughing:

daleyboy:
The best route would be along the m4 and then dont go back!!! Who wants to live in Wales anyway :laughing:

oooooooooooooooo nasty i like wales me mum was born there and i find most welsh peeps ok

If your paid hourly then C. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Have you noticed the price of fuel?

i’d go route b because i’m MR B

Route B, in ,my opinion would be the better of the three.

If you go Route A, bear in mind that the A483 from Welshpool to Oswestry is prone to flooding at Buttington, and was closed during the early part of last week. The diversion takes you along the A458 to Shrewsbury then North up the A5

I’m off to Port Talbot on Monday and will use part of Route B, (as far as Ludlow anyway) mainly due to no phone signal, :laughing: and a nice view on the top of the Brecon beacons, :wink:

Don’t forget your camera.

If you’ve heavy take B, it’s limiter most of the way from Ludlow :laughing:

How you finding it so far, hope it works out…

gezt:

daleyboy:

oooooooooooooooo nasty i like wales me mum was born there and i find most welsh peeps ok

I was born in Bridgend, and i still havent forgiven my mum for not hanging on till the old man could get her back across the bridge :laughing:

Just to keep on topic i would take b for the nice scenic drive :slight_smile:

i would go for " b " as well just for the change of it, plus now im working for an owner driver i try and think of the fuel for him.

if you choose " b" let us know how you get on.

I’d go A, but then I keep forgetting it’s a 40 limit on most of it. There’s also the question of the low bridge, so probably B. That said, C may well in practice be quickest if you’re doing all this slap on the speed limit…

heads of the valley rd -brecon-leominster -shewsbury -A5 north chester etc

Yeah thanks guys …

I was swayed towards Route B myself as its the most familiar route (out of A and B anyway)
And as im salaried now for the 1st time ever i’ve got to take on a whole new mindset.

Thanks for asking Steve its been a breeze so far (seeing as i’ve done 2 days in a classroom then had my 4 off :laughing: :laughing: )

Tomorrow is the start of my 4 on so i’ll let you know how it goes…

thanks for all the replies

p.s. if i was born in Bridgend i’d be bitter too :stuck_out_tongue:

malcolmj:
heads of the valley rd -brecon-leominster -shewsbury -A5 north chester etc

That gets my vote malcolm although i think a lot depends on whether your freighted or not.

daleyboy:

gezt:

daleyboy:

I was born in Bridgend, and i still havent forgiven my mum for not hanging on till the old man could get her back across the bridge :laughing:

Just to keep on topic i would take b for the nice scenic drive :slight_smile:

Maybe not the best turn of phrase for the Bridgend area mate :laughing:

Lucy:
I’d go A, but then I keep forgetting it’s a 40 limit on most of it. There’s also the question of the low bridge, so probably B. That said, C may well in practice be quickest if you’re doing all this slap on the speed limit…

see lucy’s not one for sitting on the fence, she seems to have a very decisive mind :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gezt:

daleyboy:

And he cant even spell :stuck_out_tongue: Peeps. It is Sheeps

Forget it,
Take the week off,
Give the run to a polish driver.
When he hits the bridge, you can say “bloody polish idiot”. :laughing: