End of the Road Pt 2

I’m sometimes interested in the less glamorous end of the spectrum where pics of trucks are concerned. Seeing a trailer load of old James Kemball Scanias being taken off for export the other day on the A14 set me looking out for other old trucks that are no longer any use to their original owners, and probably soon to be heading off for a new life in Africa…

These have been around for years and were on the road until quite recently:

There may be one or two members who know this truck!!! :smiley:

These were a common sight 10 years ago!

You wouldnt complain about any of todays trucks if you used to drive one of them :open_mouth:

wow esf is going abroad! not suprised really as no english people would drive it! its knackered!! where abouts were these out of interest?

steve o:
wow esf is going abroad! not suprised really as no english people would drive it! its knackered!! where abouts were these out of interest?

Hello mate, the Tannington motor is for sale actually at VJ Commercials, they’re based near East Dereham, over the border as it were!!! :smiley:

oh well i never!! thought it would only be good for export!! who in their right mind would want a premium that has had a hard life on bulk?!?!like to see they have not pulled the cb ariel out from under the sunvisor!!its been bent under there for about 2 years!!

what a bunch of sheds!! good riddance to that premium!!!

that looks like an old westermann scania behind one of the others too…

euromat:

Hey Euromat, from one tractor boy to another I once took an FL10 to Italy (MOT spare) I was quite impressed…or did I dream it…sobriety ■■■■■!! :cry: :confused: :frowning: :unamused:

Great subject for a thread! :sunglasses:

Nice to see old wagons going abroad to work. More please. :wink:

Ok…found a few more good ones!!

The yellow Volvo was on Autotrader a while back, up in the north west I think, used to pull scrap tippers.

A tired old ex-Salvesen Daf.

Does anybody know the livery of this old ERF??

This old Foden probably has another 20 years in Malta ahead of it!!! Note what looks like one of HJ Calvers old Volvo’s next to it (could this be ex Burroughes of Bressingham?)

This red & yellow one looks like an old Matthew Cornish unit, but I might be wrong??

chorcheela:

Does anybody know the livery of this old ERF??

I’ve had a play with that pic in PSP, but I can’t get anything from the logo on the door. So, not much help I’m afraid.

The fact that it’s a day cab and the exhaust slung transversely under the front bumper suggests “Pet Regs” to me, so I’d say it might be from a liquid fuels company. I discounted the idea that it’s possibly from a gas company, since I’d probably have recognised the logo… Sorry, but I did my best. :confused:

Thats the other side, you can make out half the phone number.

The STD code is 01375 which is Tilbury if that helps.

Trubrit:
Hey Euromat, from one tractor boy to another I once took an FL10 to Italy (MOT spare) I was quite impressed…or did I dream it…sobriety ■■■■■!! :cry: :confused: :frowning: :unamused:

I bumped into a couple of Taylor Barnard drivers in Carisio once,they were double manning a P-cab Scania! I asked one of the drivers how they got on sleeping in a single bed together,“Don’t ask!” was his reply.

They were doing a high security job from Royston or Baldock,somewhere round that area,with scrap gold in a 40’ container to Milan,on a fairly regular basis too.
They had to phone in every 2hrs to report where they were on the way down loaded.

Very cosy.

8 legger:

01375 3***** is Grays Thurrock.
This unit appears to have a pneumatic/manual fifth-wheel.
The other clue to it being from a fuel Co. is the number of disc holders arranged down the N/S of the windscreen.
I’d say it was owned by a fuel company. (Almost for certain now.)
The extra discs would have been for safe loading passes issued by refineries etc to show that the vehicle is authorised to be on-site from a safety point of view.

KW:

Trubrit:

I bumped into a couple of Taylor Barnard drivers in Carisio once,they were double manning a P-cab Scania! I asked one of the drivers how they got on sleeping in a single bed together,“Don’t ask!” was his reply.

They were doing a high security job from Royston or Baldock,somewhere round that area,with scrap gold in a 40’ container to Milan,on a fairly regular basis too.
They had to phone in every 2hrs to report where they were on the way down loaded.

Very cosy.

Sounds like a load from Johnson Matthey of Royston

8 legger:

It’s Danafame Ltd’s old motor. Now Fuelogic UK Ltd. Based in Grays.

Blimey i remember that ERF when it was brand new, I was on for Phillips petroleum running out of Gatx in Grays and Danafame was based in there too, bleeding horrible trucks but sounded good though when it used to pull away loaded

Trubrit:

euromat:

good grief i hope for your sake you dreamt it!!

(by the way im not a tractor boy, im dorset born, bred and proud!)

chorcheela:

This red & yellow one looks like an old Matthew Cornish unit, but I might be wrong??

i reckon this was working for ibc bulk containers rather than matthew cornish looking at the colours, wasnt cornishs predominantly yellow with red

Thats definatly not a Matthew Cornish truck. I agree with Mat, its ex IBC.