End of an era & goodbye

I retired last May from 42yrs on the road its been a good, bad, happy & sad time. I’ve been to places I never would have gone to if it wasn’t for 2 great companies I’ve worked for over the years. This week I had a renewal for my HGV entitlement which I have declined I’ve had enough of all the hassle over hours & CPC I think I’ve done enough. When I see you guys & gals driving around now I think poor sods even in traffic jams now I just sit in my car waiting NOT thinking will I get this load off before they close. Another worry that helped me decide is all the curtain slashing thats going on take care where ever you are. This is arfa over & out.

All the best and good luck. But ffs find something to do. I know of too many people who drop dead within 12 months of retirement just through not doing anything.

All the best to you Arfa in your retirement, out of the rat race but…all those years on the road me thinks youre going to get bored, i was only off the road for a few months waiting for my licence back and that was bad enough.
Good luck to you :slight_smile:

*Edit- should have read your post properly :blush: … i see youve already had 10months off… :wink:

42 years wow what changes you seen in demographics, trucks etc, I also cant imagine how much tonnage you shifted over those years … so I’d just add, particular on behalf of the ungrateful public, thank you for your services Sir and enjoy your well earned retirement…

Good for you Arfa, I retire next year after 44 years on the road, UK and Europe and the job is a joke now, I’m looking forward to retirement and improving my golf, stay safe.

Sapper

Arfa:
I retired last May from 42yrs on the road its been a good, bad, happy & sad time. I’ve been to places I never would have gone to if it wasn’t for 2 great companies I’ve worked for over the years. This week I had a renewal for my HGV entitlement which I have declined I’ve had enough of all the hassle over hours & CPC I think I’ve done enough. When I see you guys & gals driving around now I think poor sods even in traffic jams now I just sit in my car waiting NOT thinking will I get this load off before they close. Another worry that helped me decide is all the curtain slashing thats going on take care where ever you are. This is arfa over & out.

Enjoy Arfe I love being retired didn`t know such cushy jobs existed only Boss I have now is her indoors. Hard work preparing for holidays 3-4 times a year and getting your fishing tackle ready for the start of the season in between a bit of gardening. No early starts, regular meal times,pub lunches took me at least 6 months to get into the feel of the job :laughing:

enjoy your retirement mate ,
and tell the bus driver to wait for me ,
I’ll be along in a couple of years…
I’m only 67 this year and will have done 42 in September…

WhiteTruckMan:
All the best and good luck. But ffs find something to do. I know of too many people who drop dead within 12 months of retirement just through not doing anything.

Eh? - I’ve been retired over seven years now and I always wonder how the hell I ever found the time go to to work 60 hours a week for over 45 years!

Steve