EMR Group

Hi all
Anyone worked for them? are they good folks?

Sim

I have not worked for them but see them on my travels round scrap yards. The work itself is easy enough on tippers, they were after a class 1 driver a few months ago at my local depot (Sharpness) but I felt the pay was a little low hourly. From what I heard though if you max the hours out and total up night outs, driver bonus etc it’s good. But I like being home more often then not. So I take higher hourly and less potential for bonuses working just up the road for another bulk haulage company.

Spoke to the TM at the Sharpness depot today after seeing they were looking for a class 1 driver as I’m doing my class 1 next week, and was told to apply for Class 2 Job in spite of having no experience so thinking it may be a better bet than agency for getting a start, don’t really want to give up my current 7.5 t job for agency uncertainty.

They seem to be snapping up a lot of recycling companies, I have been to a few depots across the North West and North East with some drivers sounding happier depending on depot, I wonder if they have different rates and conditions via TUPE when taken over?

Hi All.
Worked for them after they took us over from Mayers group in Tilbury dock had a good few years with them, good trucks but depends at what depot you work at as how you get on with management, all the drivers I worked with have been there for a good few years and are good lads, pay was ok before I retired, can be disciplined for silly reasons,

sim_64:
Spoke to the TM at the Sharpness depot today after seeing they were looking for a class 1 driver as I’m doing my class 1 next week, and was told to apply for Class 2 Job in spite of having no experience so thinking it may be a better bet than agency for getting a start, don’t really want to give up my current 7.5 t job for agency uncertainty.

I was down there again today to drop off some non ferrous. Saw they still had the sign up for vacancies. Im assuming they want you to apply for the class 2 job to rally around for a bit to gain some trust and then move you on the class 1.

Im assuming they want you to apply for the class 2 job to rally around for a bit to gain some trust and then move you on the class 1.

I think that’s probably the case.

If they pay the class 1 rate from the beginning (Obviously you can be a back up class 1 boy when someone is sick) then might be worth a crack.

sub for them with our own unit trailer
one better ones to work for I think

Sim64
Go for it if you can, but try for the class 1 jobs, it differs from depot to depot, our depot in the south east did not have to do nights out on the class 1s the choice was yours, wage structures differ for different areas, if I remember sharpness drivers on class 1 had to be available for nights out, class 2 you will be home every night.

mrginge
The difference in pay from class 1 to class 2 was in my time there about 50 pence an hour, I think the wage structure has changed now so you are all the same but if you get taken on as class 1 and are asked to drive a roll on roll off you still get class 1 money.