Empty Pallets!

Just curious, but is their a euro pallet shortage in London or are they extremely expensive down there?
Reason I ask, is that I’ve just been sent into a pallet yard in Renfrew for a collection consisting of 2 empty euros shrink wrapped together to be sent to London for a next day delivery:!::shock:
By my reckoning, thats going to cost best part of £50 to have 2 empty pallets supplied and delivered!

is that a joke or what the cost of shipping the pallets must really cost more than finding some in London surely

Loving every moment of it …

dafpower:
is that a joke or what the cost of shipping the pallets must really cost more than finding some in London surely

That was mine and the guy at the pallet yards thoughts too. Someone must have more money than sense!

Could be samples that could lead to an order for a zillion

Hmmm Ive 6 of them in the back garden waiting to be chopped up for firewood! Maybe i should sell them to the southerners instead! :smiley: :smiley:

B…

I hope theyre ok to be stacked like that :slight_smile:

You can get 2quid for euros lad, get them selt and buy lunch!

merc0447:
You can get 2quid for euros lad, get them selt and buy lunch!

Should have sold them back to the guy I picked them up from!:grin:

The company I work for get deliveries like this at least twice a month, it’s to do with the pallets being heat treated for goods to be exported to Australia and Japan. If the pallet samples are good after our lab tests them then the company orders around 500 of them. Japan and Australia are very strict about food items being imported and demand heat treated pallets and fumigated containers. So we get a sample of the pallets and if they pass then the pallet company gets the order. They’re aren’t cheap!!! But we also check the final delivery to make sure they are the same spec. Might seem silly but in the big picture it can cost an awful lot more to have a refused delivery after we have shipped it on a container halfway around the world.

the fub:
The company I work for get deliveries like this at least twice a month, it’s to do with the pallets being heat treated for goods to be exported to Australia and Japan. If the pallet samples are good after our lab tests them then the company orders around 500 of them. Japan and Australia are very strict about food items being imported and demand heat treated pallets and fumigated containers. So we get a sample of the pallets and if they pass then the pallet company gets the order. They’re aren’t cheap!!! But we also check the final delivery to make sure they are the same spec. Might seem silly but in the big picture it can cost an awful lot more to have a refused delivery after we have shipped it on a container halfway around the world.

makes sense in the long run

Or they could be going to make these. A bargain at only £249 :open_mouth:

legion_pallett_table_lb7.jpg

made.com/legion-pallet-table-natural

damoq:

dafpower:

That was mine and the guy at the pallet yards thoughts too. Someone must have more money than sense!

they can spread it a bit over this way if they have :smiley:

Ian58:

Euro pallet, 4 bin wheels and a tin of varnish and you could make that yourself for 20quid. Some people will literally buy any old crap if some poncy westend shop sells it :laughing:

merc0447:

Ian58:

Euro pallet, 4 bin wheels and a tin of varnish and you could make that yourself for 20quid. Some people will literally buy any old crap if some poncy westend shop sells it :laughing:

:bulb: why not get yourself on fleabay with a poncy west end sounding name and churn these out by the millions?

Bungle666:
Hmmm Ive 6 of them in the back garden waiting to be chopped up for firewood! Maybe i should sell them to the southerners instead! :smiley: :smiley:

B…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ian58:

+39.90 delivery…

That’s nothing, today I was sent to a well known pallet manufacturer to collect 660 brand new euro pallets, take them across to the other side of the country and deliver them to ■■?

yes, the same pallet manufacturer who strangely make exactly the same pallets and had a few thousand in stock !!!

Figure that one out

Madguy :smiling_imp:

madguy:
That’s nothing, today I was sent to a well known pallet manufacturer to collect 660 brand new euro pallets, take them across to the other side of the country and deliver them to ■■?

yes, the same pallet manufacturer who strangely make exactly the same pallets and had a few thousand in stock !!!

Figure that one out

Maybe they needed to be dried, or they get bored and wanted a ride out somewhere.

mucker85:

madguy:

Figure that one out

Maybe they needed to be dried, or they get bored and wanted a ride out somewhere.

I’m happy, it keeps me in a job longer !!