Employment tribunals.

Waste of time and money,or have had any succes stories,if they make a judgement,did you get your wages/notice pay/holiday/sickness money back from a dodgy boss who later changes her/his company name to avoid the county court or high court bailif action for a recovery of losses,plus the solictors fees and charges,£100 per hour,if you want him/her to attend at the hearing.
Better to do it all yourself,prepare your own bundle for the judge to peruse over his/her cuppa,they like it short and simple,the plain facts,no false accusations,or hear say,or what Bob down the road said at the pub last night.

I won one once.
Firm was trying to make big cuts in staff by outsourcing. They decided they didn’t want to pay any redundancy money so they tried to force people out. Eventually got me onto a contract that was entirely unworkable in the hours given so lots of the other staff started filling in false timesheets etc.

They sacked about 5 people en masse and I was one of them.

However I’d been doing nowt wrong.
They came up with all this “evidence” I had been trying to swindle them out of expenses etc, it went to a tribunal, I did all my own defence via letters, couldn’t be bothered to turn up. In the end they had to pay me 6 months pay, all my holiday/back pay and my expenses. Got quite a few grand out of them in the end.

Wouldn’t want to fight a borderline case ever though, it was ■■■■ hard work fighting one I knew I was innocent in.

Rather brutal process by all accounts.

I went through a tribunal about 13 years ago.

after the sacking, just rang ACAS in Liverpool, told them what happened, put it in writing, they did the rest.

Company involved (very large transport / storage / logistics company) never even bothered to reply to ACAS,

ACAS asked me what I wanted, ie compo, job back etc.

Received a large cheque in the post about 3 or 4 months later :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oh yeah and the companies still going strong but I aint saying who it is :wink: :wink: :grimacing: :wink: :wink:

Staff at Longleat safari park have been got rid of,before the new pension age kicks in,about 20 staff gone,and a true story that a woman in her late 40s had a fight with a woman in her late 60s over the sleeping arrangements with Lord Bath,the Viscount of Weymouth,he told them to sort it out,im off to bed,he has many wives,that live in his many country cottages to keep them off his back.

What is the craic that you can not pursue the boss,it has to be his company name to retrieve the loss,that is what the lawyers say,handy that,get out clause,the law firms are all in collabration.Can not touch them.