Employment laws

can anyone supply links to anything regarding employment laws, employees rights etc etc etc? i need to do some serious studying but i dont know where to find the information that i need

Richie - have you tried directgov? The address is

www.direct.gov.uk

There are links to various departments, but all of the info. relating to one subject (eg employees rights etc.) is grouped together.

If I think of any more useful sites, I’ll let you know.

Oh and hello from a fellow Scot in exile :smiley:

A bit heavy going, but try here
http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/

try here

dti.gov.uk/er/

SNAP :laughing:

There’s also some info on the HSE site, which I’ve posted on the forums, but can’t remember where. DOH! Also I’ve put a link to information on Public Liability Insurance. It depends how deep you’re looking.

Croner’s is also a good site for H&S, and if you register yourself on behalf of a Company, then you get a weekly newsletter, and access to their forums. However, their forums seem to be little used and tend to deal with conceptions rather than actualities.

It all depends on the boundaries of the subject that you are researching.

had a long day and i only have a 9 hour break tonight so i will check them out tomorrow. thanks guys :smiley:

scanny77:
i only have a 9 hour break tonight :smiley:

Whats one of them then? i think ive been spoilt in my present job.

that 9 hours includes going home and sorting myself out. not a night out :open_mouth:

You gonna tell us why u wanna know :question: Does it involve you causing some ■■■■■ for someone :question: :laughing: :laughing:

Try this link for ACAS Ritchie.

acas.org.uk/

9 hours at home …no way hosea…make a decision based on H&E and have 11 :smiley:

9 hours inc going to and from home nowt upn with that standard in haulage init

I dont see the problem, you either want the job or not, if you get messed about you tell them to stick it and move on.

Gurner:
I dont see the problem, you either want the job or not, if you get messed about you tell them to stick it and move on.

i would have done that by now but i am sticking by my buddy. he has been on his own there since the class 1 work was spread around but now that i am on the scene, he needs me to back him up with issues that he wants to raise. he knows who to speak to and he knows that i know what i am talking about and i will research it to produce hard facts.
besides, some of it is for future reference, nothing to do with my current situation :unamused:

scanny77:
i would have done that by now but i am sticking by my buddy. he has been on his own there since the class 1 work was spread around but now that i am on the scene

Captain scanny to the rescue :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You are so gonna talk your way out of a job let alone a promotion :unamused: :unamused:
why not let your mate fight his battles :question:

simon

SimonRS2K:
Captain scanny to the rescue :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now now Simon :laughing: . PMSL.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: